Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

Hello all overland bound member. I recently installed a snorkel on my 2006 Toyota Tundra! Over the past few days of traveling around my town and local towns I have been asked about 5-7 times what it is used for and how I have/use it. This is a great conversation starter but not just that it's a great tool for overlanding. Not just that I can not worry about certain water crossing but also that it gives me cleaner and cooler air into my engine. I'm glad that many people around me have asked about it and have lead them into the next generation of Getting out and exploring!!

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

<p>A snorkel is next on the wish list for both the 4Runner and the Beast... Mostly for the cool/clean air aspect. Not to mention they look pretty cool. ;-)</p>

E

expeditionnorth

<p>I thought about one, but thought that properly raising all my differential vent(s) extensions as high up on the rig as possible was better</p>
<p>& one has to seal up all engine electronics or otherwise its a mute point IMHO</p>

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

<p>
14031 said:
Hello all overland bound member. I recently installed a snorkel on my 2006 Toyota Tundra! Over the past few days of traveling around my town and local towns I have been asked about 5-7 times what it is used for and how I have/use it. This is a great conversation starter but not just that it’s a great tool for overlanding. Not just that I can not worry about certain water crossing but also that it gives me cleaner and cooler air into my engine. I’m glad that many people around me have asked about it and have lead them into the next generation of Getting out and exploring!!
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Looks good. I got mine 2 weeks ago.  Will install it soon.</p>
<p> </p>

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

<p>Yea @expeditionnorth I did the extension of my breathers as well. For me its basically a cheap insurance. I would rather have it and not really need the use for it than not have it and hydrolock my engine. The main reason I got it though is for the dusty trails around here, with the benefit of higher water crossings lol</p>

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

<p>I miss my snorkel:-( </p>
<p>Maybe after I'm done being tired of working on the Suburban I'll start figuring something out like I did for the Tahoe.</p>

SamM

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

West Virginia
Member #

<p>After adding an AEV snorkel to my 2-door JK, I get weird looks and goofy questions all the time. Everyone wants to know if I drive through deep water, much? The snorkel is meant to provide cold, clean air to the engine. Nothing more. If you drive your vehicle in water deep enough to need a snorkel, you have bigger problems. Too funny! Anymore, I just laugh when people question me about it. </p>
<p>SamM</p>

sasirmon

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

<p>I can't tell how many times I was asked "Is that your exhaust?"</p>

E

expeditionnorth

<p>as Forest Gump said" stupid is as stupid does"</p>
<p>I get the same sort of questions with my ham radio bug catcher antenna</p>