Smittybuilt traction mats suck

• HTML tutorial

TractionJack

Rank 0

Traveler I

The thread is kinda old but just wanted to mention Traction Jack's as another option when it comes to recovery boards.

-Foldable to save space but longer than the compeating products when opened

-About $100 less than Max Trax

-Only 1 year 1 time free replacement warranty even if you damage (only warranty like it in the market)

-Can support up to a 30,000 lb vehicle total gross weight

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

The thread is kinda old but just wanted to mention Traction Jack's as another option when it comes to recovery boards.

-Foldable to save space but longer than the compeating products when opened

-About $100 less than Max Trax

-Only 1 year 1 time free replacement warranty even if you damage (only warranty like it in the market)

-Can support up to a 30,000 lb vehicle total gross weight
Pics in action or they don't exist.

Reactions: TractionJack

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

I have no experience with Maxtrax or Smittybilt, but we used the MAXSA boards for four successful recoveries on a recent trip and they worked great. They flexed to the point bending to a L shaped and popped right back in place without any cracks. These are available on Amazon for $140.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I'm happy with my set of TREDs 1100s. Only needed them once so far when we were getting buried in snow drifts in the Eastern Sierras. They're not meant to flex. Also lifetime warranty on them. Having 4 boards would be ideal. And don't get an earth tone color, I've spent 10+ minutes trying to find my sand colored ones after using them. They'll get buried down deep.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm still considering the Maxsa traction mats. They are a lot cheaper and have mostly good reviews.

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Did you use them for bridging at all or just recovery?
Just recovery. We have used them once to bridge with an Xterra. We only used one board instead of two. It bent in an L shape. We thought it was goner. Surprisingly it sprang right back with no cracks. It might have worked using two, but the one negative point about the MAXSA boards is that they don't nest together like a Maxtrax or Tred.

TractionJack

Rank 0

Traveler I

Well played @TractionJack Ever think about a group buy discount maybe?
Sorry I haven't been on in a while for some reason e-mail isn't notifying me and I'm bouncing between dozens of outlets.

Yes most definitely. Current promotion that was run on Instagram was $160 for a complete Traction Jack kit. Send me a message if interested. To hit a few points, the Traction Jacks conform to the terrain because they are foldable. This means they wont be sticking up on the front tires and you can use the for either recovery with the rear or front tires.

As far as warranty, I believe all the other companies offer lifetime manufacturers warranty which protects against manufacturing defects. If you spin the wheels and damage them you're out of luck and they take forever to replace them. We're the only company that'll replace them broken board even if you melt them beyond use because of tire spin on accident or crack/split them. That is a warranty we enacted for a year from purchase and then there after you can buy the replacement boards dirt cheap to continue using the product (thats the bonus of having a hinge in the middle).

Just got a semi truck out last Friday. They were stuck for 2 hours and 6 Traction Jack and 1 power wagon later they were out in 15 minutes. Semi was on a hill so needed a small tug to engage the Traction Jacks but got traction right after.

Reactions: Lindenwood

TractionJack

Rank 0

Traveler I

Man look at those ruts. The dirt must have been so soft under those rocks.
Yes they were deep! He had absolutely no traction to move in that sandy gravel especially with the trailer. Once we got the 6 Traction Jack's down and gave an inch of a tug to get them to engage they we're out ASAP. I secured a customer on the spot.

Just wanted to demonstrate the shear power of the Traction Jacks!

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

I've used the smitty built ones in the snow and they didn't work and got winched out. On another trip I used maxtrax in the snow and got out. My money is on maxtrax