Small change big project

• HTML tutorial
N

NorthWest Xploder

I recently purchased a lower milage Ford explorer. The old one had over 200k of very hard miles. Same model and year so I could swap parts over, just half the miles. I've moved the rebuilt 8.8 with trutrac over, shocks, suspension lift,and body lift to bridge the distance for the 33s. This weekend I'm reinstalling the air lift support and cargo bin. Then for rock sliders, bumpers, tire carrier, lights and my solar, fridge and dual battery bank which I'm going to start from scratch on. Point being; when you do it slow you don't realize how much you've changed lol. Try to do it all at once and it's a lot of work. Especially if you are trying to keep two rigs road worthy.

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I recently purchased a lower milage Ford explorer. The old one had over 200k of very hard miles. Same model and year so I could swap parts over, just half the miles. I've moved the rebuilt 8.8 with trutrac over, shocks, suspension lift,and body lift to bridge the distance for the 33s. This weekend I'm reinstalling the air lift support and cargo bin. Then for rock sliders, bumpers, tire carrier, lights and my solar, fridge and dual battery bank which I'm going to start from scratch on. Point being; when you do it slow you don't realize how much you've changed lol. Try to do it all at once and it's a lot of work. Especially if you are trying to keep two rigs road worthy.
I miss my old 1998 Explorer Limited. It had the old pushrod 5.0 in it, but no 4-wheel drive. That thing god awesome stuck on it's street tires! LOL If it was a 4x4, I would have kept it and set it up for overlanding instead of buying a 2019 Ranger.

Reactions: NorthWest Xploder