Sleeping mats, pads, mattresses etc..

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I have 2016 Tundra with a DECKED drawer system in the 5.5' bed.. When we go out for overlanding/camping weekends we sleep in the bed on a pair of these self inflating mats, https://www.backcountry.com/alps-mountaineering-foundation-sleeping-pad?skid=ALM000M-GRE-REG&INT_ID=REC_search|search_NA_NA_REC-RR_REC-ALM000M_NA_20190209&ti=UkVDX3NlYXJjaHxzZWFyY2hfTkFfTkFfUkVDLVJSX1JFQy1BTE0wMDBNX05BXzIwMTkwMjA5 side by side and attached with Velcro on the sides, they don't cover the complete bed surface. They inflate to about 2 1/2-3". They are comfortable in the sense that we are raised off the hard surface and we put a heavy comforter on top of the air mats. I've been considering a new sleep surface. I'd like to have more bed coverage, thicker {more comfortable}, easily packed away, fast set up take down time, and possibly have the bottom be moisture resistant if the topper was a to have slight leak. Is there even such a type of mat? I've thought about a RTT mattress or an RV type mattress and even a huge, thick dog bed {or 2 to be able to fill the area}..What are your thoughts?

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I like both of those but would they hold up to having dog claws walking on them? 1 is 75 lbs the other is 50..

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I currently use a NEMO cell sleeping pad under my bag. I am looking for a more comfortable way to sleep however. I don't like air mattresses, I may be able to use a memory foam pad that fits my 1p tent.

Reactions: Scout