Sleeping mats, pads, mattresses etc.. | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Sleeping mats, pads, mattresses etc..

Discussion in 'Overland Vehicle Gear' started by Scout, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. Scout

Scout Rank III

Member #:

Map
    I have 2016 Tundra with a DECKED drawer system in the 5.5' bed.. When we go out for overlanding/camping weekends we sleep in the bed on a pair of these self inflating mats, https://www.backcountry.com/alps-mo...fTkFfUkVDLVJSX1JFQy1BTE0wMDBNX05BXzIwMTkwMjA5 side by side and attached with Velcro on the sides, they don't cover the complete bed surface. They inflate to about 2 1/2-3". They are comfortable in the sense that we are raised off the hard surface and we put a heavy comforter on top of the air mats. I've been considering a new sleep surface. I'd like to have more bed coverage, thicker {more comfortable}, easily packed away, fast set up take down time, and possibly have the bottom be moisture resistant if the topper was a to have slight leak. Is there even such a type of mat? I've thought about a RTT mattress or an RV type mattress and even a huge, thick dog bed {or 2 to be able to fill the area}..What are your thoughts?

2. H2OBound

H2OBound Rank I

Map
  3. MiamiC70

MiamiC70 Rank 0

Map
    I’m using this in back of an Outback

4. Scout

Scout Rank III

Member #:

Map
    I like both of those but would they hold up to having dog claws walking on them? 1 is 75 lbs the other is 50..

5. H2OBound

H2OBound Rank I

Map
    The thermarest should match the durability of the mats you are using currently.

Scout likes this.
  6. Nickzero

Nickzero Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    I currently use a NEMO cell sleeping pad under my bag. I am looking for a more comfortable way to sleep however. I don't like air mattresses, I may be able to use a memory foam pad that fits my 1p tent.

Scout likes this.
  7. carlodonz

carlodonz Rank I

Map