Skyline Drive Overnighter - 07/20/2018

• HTML tutorial

jeffpajap

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Layton, UT
Member #

I plan to be there. Will have to leave and arrive early though as that time of night across Davis, Salt Lake and Utah counties would be pretty rough. See you then. Thanks

Reactions: Russell Peters

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

For those that can make it, how does a meet time of 6 at the Chevron Station work out? For the few that can’t make it up till later I’ll have an Overland Bound Base Camp flag flying. We shouldn’t be camped too far up the trail. Maybe an hour drive in. I’d say two tops. Camp site all depends on availability as it’s open camping.

Sent from my iPhone

MarcosV1017

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Poor med student with a car with street tires at the moment. He gets around enough places, but not likely where you guys are headed and i would hate to slow you down. I have factored in all terrain tires into my september budget. I will hopefully join you guys on some future rides!

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Well everyone I was just looking at my flight charts and noticed a restriction for fire fighting. I’m going to check with the Rangers about a fire up there. We may have to cut the trip short if it’s impassable.

I’ll keep you all updated.

Sent from my iPhone

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
It was a fun time, a little hot, a little dusty. The biggest takeaway from Overland Bound meetups are the people that you meet. Thanks to everyone who planned and participated. It was nice meeting you all.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Wish I could have made it, but I am glad that our neck of the woods is finally getting some things together. Some one please post a report of the trip.

Advocate III

Ogden, Utah
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rose
Member #

DSC09805.jpg 20180721_143911.jpg 20180721_142017.jpg 20180721_144511.jpg
Sweet. Tell us about it! What trails did you guys end up taking? where did you guys camp? any pics of the trip?
Well, Kaylee and I had a late start and set camp about 45 minutes off of HWY 6 ( Turned south off 6 at Tucker ) at 12:45 am, so we didn't get to spend the evening with the group. The next morning we set off and met up with Marlin, Jeff, Joe, and Niki at the parking lot above Fairview Canyon. We stayed on trail 150 for the most part other then checking out some camp spots. About noon we stopped for lunch at the Bacon Rind ( its a name give by the locals ). A lot of big country, some mud mostly dry dirt. At the end of it all we headed down Manti Canyon ( Trail 45 ) just past Jet Fox Reservoir, and got off the mountain right before the storm hit.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Great pictures. Let's keep this going and set up another meet and greet.

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

Wish I could have made this trip! Skyline drive is beautiful no doubt. Only been on the northern section so far.. I hope to join on the next upcoming trip with this group for sure.

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Wish I could have made this trip! Skyline drive is beautiful no doubt. Only been on the northern section so far.. I hope to join on the next upcoming trip with this group for sure.
There are a couple guys going up there this weekend. Check out their thread under ‘Utah Meetups’.

Sent from my iPhone

UTDez23

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Schaefer
Member #

There are a couple guys going up there this weekend. Check out their thread under ‘Utah Meetups’.

Sent from my iPhone
10-4, thanks for the heads up. I must have missed that convo. Unfortunately can’t make it this weekend. But hopefully catch another one soon..

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
Times up.. We don't have much time left and we are are going to have too much snow on the ground to do anything. How about we don't do a meet and great and discuss rigs and how much money we have put into them and just do something? Lets do a trail or an overnighter. We live in the best location in the world for overlanding and as a community, it seams we cannot decide what to do.

Next weekend, 10-5, 10 -6 lets meet up and celebrate Fall, (before the trails close with snow). a get to together of like minds who like to get outdoors and enjoy nature. (Skyline drive or something)

I've been on a few OB meet ups and the people are just awesome. Lets's , together at the end 2018, form relationships and and possible have an awesome 2019 together.

I'm in Northern Utah. I'll drive up to 6 hours to meet with fellow overlanders, but I want to get out, not just talk over coffee.

So if anyone has any ideas, , please post them. Lets shoot for the weekend of 10-5

Russell, you are the moderator , replacing Ryan M Suggestions?

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
Okay.. Okay... Love seeing everyone rig. Pleas post them. Let me know if you want do do anything next weekend.

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

Times up.. We don't have much time left and we are are going to have too much snow on the ground to do anything. How about we don't do a meet and great and discuss rigs and how much money we have put into them and just do something? Lets do a trail or an overnighter. We live in the best location in the world for overlanding and as a community, it seams we cannot decide what to do.

Next weekend, 10-5, 10 -6 lets meet up and celebrate Fall, (before the trails close with snow). a get to together of like minds who like to get outdoors and enjoy nature. (Skyline drive or something)

I've been on a few OB meet ups and the people are just awesome. Lets's , together at the end 2018, form relationships and and possible have an awesome 2019 together.

I'm in Northern Utah. I'll drive up to 6 hours to meet with fellow overlanders, but I want to get out, not just talk over coffee.

So if anyone has any ideas, , please post them. Lets shoot for the weekend of 10-5

Russell, you are the moderator , replacing Ryan M Suggestions?
You have an excellent point. We are coming up to the end of the year and while we may not have a lot of areas to explore soon, due to trail closures, we will not be completely without. That being said I think somewhere a little more north of Salt Lake would be a good area or Uintas or Ashley NF. I don’t know how it’s doing but there is a fire in Kamas area. This weekend, Oct 5-6, is suppose to be wet; not that it will keep the die hards away just may reduce attendance. Getting at least one more run in before the holiday season would be nice as well.

The next couple weekends I’m busy, early November would be a better time for me. I’m open for day runs or overnighters, any areas or trails really.

Reactions: UTDez23