Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Levine
Member #

Just bought a '15 Nissan Titan Pro-4x and am having a bear of a time finding aftermarket off road support for this vehicle. Does anyone know of a reputable company making undercarriage armor for the Titan? Rocky Road makes sliders and a rear diff plate and there are several bumper options out there, but I have yet to find any other undercarriage armor for this truck.

Reactions: TRT87
E

Eric the Eric

Haha, I own a titan but she is an 08'. I would recommend looking into custom fab if your having trouble sourcing armour. Its actually not as expensive as many people would think. I have had a welder do me up several plates for my last rig when I struggled to find parts.

Reactions: GB Fraggle
E

Eric the Eric

An afterthought is to also look at fab fours website. They are pretty unique with titan options

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

Just bought a '15 Nissan Titan Pro-4x and am having a bear of a time finding aftermarket off road support for this vehicle. Does anyone know of a reputable company making undercarriage armor for the Titan? Rocky Road makes sliders and a rear diff plate and there are several bumper options out there, but I have yet to find any other undercarriage armor for this truck.

I feel your pain, I had to build my rig for the most part. I stuck with OEM skid plates for now but plan on building some in the future. My rock sliders came from Rocky Road outfitters, I was very nervous dealing with them because of some of the review I read but over all wasn't too bad. They have armor for your differential and shocks, what I was planning on doing was removing the OEM skid plate over the transmission and basically copying that but heavier gauge and as large as I can make it.
If you don't have welding cutting capabilities, you can always take it to a welding shop.

Reactions: Eric the Eric
E

Eric the Eric

Another thought might be puck board. I did a 87 toyota with 3/8 puck board skid armour (not the high heat areas). Its actually pretty impressive what you can do to/with it, axle armour, rocker panel armour, departure bumper armour etc.

My 08 had that classic gap right at the front that exposes the rad and fan to danager and I was able to fab up 1/4 cantilevered diamond plate for it. I added a bend that let me mount it to my bull bar mounts. I will take a picture after my next truck wash and post it.

Knife_guy_in_wa

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Kauranen
Member #

There are no aftermarket for the Titans regarding skid plates. I’m saving up for the steel Pro4x for my SV next year. You could reach out to Wanderlust Overland down in OR. They did a Kia Teluride and no one else has. They fabricated almost everything in-house.

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

The only skid plate I’ve seen aftermarket is for 2WD only.
Rocky Road does have a differential guard and rear shock guards as well.

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

I have aftermarket skids but they are junk and wont waste your time on that. but at the time they served better than the factory plastic ones. I am have a local fab shop design some. the first gens have better support than the second gens but the market is incredibly thin for us Titan owners. Great trucks just no support.

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

Oh we are here. Just few a far between on the owners that actually off road. Being a XD you have access to more parts than us NON xd owners. But agreed most is expensive.

Reactions: Lil Bear

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Oh we are here. Just few a far between on the owners that actually off road. Being a XD you have access to more parts than us NON xd owners. But agreed most is expensive.
I want some skids and rock sliders. I've found wanna be sliders that are just tube steps. They look good but im not gonna replace my running boards with more running boards lol.

LD5050

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Texas, USA
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

I’m pretty sure Rocky Road Outfitters can make rock sliders for either gen Titan, just give them a call. They’re bolt-on, but you can always weld also. IIRC they range from $400 to $900 for fully plated ones with kickouts

Wildlee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Navarre Fl
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Passenier
Member #

I want some skids and rock sliders. I've found wanna be sliders that are just tube steps. They look good but im not gonna replace my running boards with more running boards lol.
I have the rock sliders from rocky road outfitters. Over a year now been used a few times still going strong.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I'll start off with i haven't owed a nissan since a 1998 pathfinder 4x4 with the vg30 engine. But what I've notice at least on the titan xd is that they are essentially a dodge ram with a little different styling , if i were you id look into seeing if a skid on a ram would fit your titan. Kind of like the geo metro Suzuki metro and chevy metro were all the same or the Chrysler 3000gt and Mitsubishi 3000 gt were same or mitsu eclipse, eagle talon and Plymouth laser were same.

T4R707

Rank I

Contributor III

Mendocino County, CA, USA
First Name
Chandler
Last Name
C-Word
Check out Bud Built. I got em on my 4R and theyre great. Very awesome company. Great service and product.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

I'll start off with i haven't owed a nissan since a 1998 pathfinder 4x4 with the vg30 engine. But what I've notice at least on the titan xd is that they are essentially a dodge ram with a little different styling , if i were you id look into seeing if a skid on a ram would fit your titan. Kind of like the geo metro Suzuki metro and chevy metro were all the same or the Chrysler 3000gt and Mitsubishi 3000 gt were same or mitsu eclipse, eagle talon and Plymouth laser were same.

Hmmm...I did not know this! Thanks!

derekjhunt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Middletown, CT
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1IRO
2018 Titan owner here - I love my truck, but aftermarket is a dumpster fire of afterthought and I've worked a ton on custom solutions for stuff (I should document it) that is a simple buy on any other platform. I think your best bet is to find a fabricator to bend some steel and drill out the mount points.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

2018 Titan owner here - I love my truck, but aftermarket is a dumpster fire of afterthought and I've worked a ton on custom solutions for stuff (I should document it) that is a simple buy on any other platform. I think your best bet is to find a fabricator to bend some steel and drill out the mount points.
I agree 100%!! I love my truck but dang i wish there was a bit more aftermarket for them. And about everything I have found they are trying to knock your head off with the price!

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I also just bought a ‘15 Titan P4X, and 4 years later there is still a limited market for these trucks.

Do you still own your Titan?