Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Got the shocks and everything on a few months ago, love them
got the truck ready for a 3 week road trip. Went with 33" BFG K02s and got a set of N-Fab RKR rails with removable steps. My mom will be on the trip with us, so she'll need the steps. The good thing is i can unbolt the step part when we get back.
IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_2415.jpg

KyleGrant

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wichita, KS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Soldani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KSØTOR
Looks great. If you don't mind my asking, what did the shock setup run you? I'm probably about due on mine and am looking for an upgrade over OEM.

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Looks great. If you don't mind my asking, what did the shock setup run you? I'm probably about due on mine and am looking for an upgrade over OEM.
Thanks!, They are 2.5 OEM Series Kings with remote reservoirs and compression adjusters. The fronts are extended length travel giving 2-2.5 of lift in the front.

They are pricey and I haven't had experience with the similar Fox, or Icon, but for normal driving they are on par with GM's mag ride and well worth it IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCMoto

KyleGrant

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wichita, KS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Soldani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KSØTOR
Thanks!, They are 2.5 OEM Series Kings with remote reservoirs and compression adjusters. The fronts are extended length travel giving 2-2.5 of lift in the front.
Awesome, thanks. I'll take a gander!

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

They are pricey and I haven't had experience with the similar Fox, or Icon, but for normal driving they are on par with GM's mag ride and well worth it IMO.
Shocks alone lifted the front? Did you notice if they had any other shocks with more than the 2.5" that you got

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Shocks alone lifted the front? Did you notice if they had any other shocks with more than the 2.5" that you got
Yes, the shocks alone provided the extra lift, you have to spec the extended travel versions to get that. I should be able to get atleast 3" of lift by cranking the pre-load a bit. But I'm not happy with the readylift UCAs as they limit travel. I have a set of JBAs waiting to go on when I get back.
They offer shocks for different applications and they had them to fit with different size lift kits, so they may have one for your 3'"+ kit. But alone the shocks won't due to angles of the drive line.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Yes, the shocks alone provided the extra lift, you have to spec the extended travel versions to get that. I should be able to get atleast 3" of lift by cranking the pre-load a bit. But I'm not happy with the readylift UCAs as they limit travel. I have a set of JBAs waiting to go on when I get back.
They offer shocks for different applications and they had them to fit with different size lift kits, so they may have one for your 3'"+ kit. But alone the shocks won't due to angles of the drive line.
Thanks for the info, whats limiting you on the UCA you have now. I have the procomp UCA with the uniball and so far its been alright.

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Thanks for the info, whats limiting you on the UCA you have now. I have the procomp UCA with the uniball and so far its been alright.
They rub the tires at full lock, most of the other UCAs have a forward arm that is narrower for clearance. Also, most aftermarket UCAs the forward arm is mounted to the bushing in an offset manner to provide extra clearance for the factory downward travel limit, the ready lift is not. Some people cut off the limit off, but to me it is something the designers of the Readylift system overlooked.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

My tire setup also at full lock just a bit on the UCA. I also cut the OEM bump stops to allow for more travel. Im curious to see what you do!

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
My tire setup also at full lock just a bit on the UCA. I also cut the OEM bump stops to allow for more travel. Im curious to see what you do!
In all honesty the tire issue I did to myself. The wheels I run for normal use are 275/65R18 Continental Terrain Contact ATs, which are a mild AT and good for MPG and wet weather. I have them mounted to a set of 19'+ AT4 wheels. The issue is the 19'+ wheels have 5mm or 2.5 more of negative offset (can't remember) so going to the setup caused rubbing issues on the stock UCAs, due to more negative offset and a wider tire. I remedied that with 5mm wheel spacer. But these ReadyLift UCAs are thicker than the stockers, so back in the same boat. That said with the setup in the picture using 14-18 sierra wheels with less negative offset, the 275/70/R18 BFG KO2, and the 5mm spacers, I don't expect to have the same rubbing. I only plan to run this setup on trips where we will hit trails, otherwise, I don't like the MPG, braking, or handling loss of the E range tires.
As far as the travel stop, just being stubborn on that one, I don't want to cut it and I felt there are other options that account for it. Once I get the JBAs installed I'll report back.

Juanito1977

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Villicana
Always good to see another GM truck here!

You mentioned upgrading your shocks, and adding a level, but didn’t mention your budget.

I’m currently on 305/65r18 (34x12) with a 2.25 spacer level. I did have to do some trimming (“NorCal” mod), but no rubing at all. I currently have about 34,000 miles on the truck , the level was out on very shortly after I bought it newand am replacing the UCA’s, with aftermarket ones, this week due to a loose ball joint. These GM trucks stamped steel UCA’s need to be replaced, to correct the ball joint angle, anytime the front of the truck is lifted.

I’ve pieced mine together being very budget conscious but in my opinion the right way to do it would be to go with a coil over kit with upper control arms. Icon looks really good, as do Bajakits and many others. The adjustable coil overs can give you 2” to 3” inches of lift I believe.

Let us know how it goes!

View attachment 129591View attachment 129597
Also I’ve been really impressed with the Falken Wildpeaks I put on mine.
Nice truck! I have a 2016 Silverado and have been back and forth as what to do suspension wise. I finally decided to do Kings and upper control arms. My other option was a fabtech 4” lift with their coil overs. I don’t want my truck to be to high though. Have you had any problems with ground clearance on trails? I’m mostly going to use it on trails similar to Mojave Road.

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Nice truck! I have a 2016 Silverado and have been back and forth as what to do suspension wise. I finally decided to do Kings and upper control arms. My other option was a fabtech 4” lift with their coil overs. I don’t want my truck to be to high though. Have you had any problems with ground clearance on trails? I’m mostly going to use it on trails similar to Mojave Road.
Honestly haven't had a chance to test ground clearance. We were out in Cali for a few weeks and I planned to do Laurel lakes, parts of Coyote flats, and a few others, but the day we arrived they shut down all the Nat forests in the area. So she was a pavement princess for our entire trip.