Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Nice truck you got there! Anymore pics of it? also how did you attach the maxtrax to the side?

KyleGrant

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wichita, KS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Soldani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KSØTOR
Nice truck you got there! Anymore pics of it? also how did you attach the maxtrax to the side?
Thanks! Here's some attached.

I used L-Track cargo mounting for the side. If I'm on snow or nasty trails and don't need easy access to my bed area, I'll leave them on the side. If I'm just traveling and 'may' need them I store them on the top of the cap. L-Track mounting options include some bolt studs, so I have those in the track and custom built a couple cross bars to protect the windows out of 14ga steel that the tracks sit on. They are attached using L-Track cargo straps.

Attachments

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We really like it and it fits in the garage. We have the ARB awning and room for more “living” type space!

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Not that I can think of, we used it with just a tarp over the outside until we got the ARB room. We enjoy it

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Can just the first piece be purchased? ive got a rough country knuckle lift and ive got a skid plate under the diff since it was dropped a little but ide like a metal shid like that for the very front instead of the plastic

stone150

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Stone
Can just the first piece be purchased? ive got a rough country knuckle lift and ive got a skid plate under the diff since it was dropped a little but ide like a metal shid like that for the very front instead of the plastic
I'm not sure, that said there is a part number stamped on it. Of course it is on the side towards the engine. But you may be able to make it out on this picture

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Rough country sells skid plates for their knuckle lifts

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

RAZOR, KYLE

Nice rides!. I have a burgundy '14 double cab. At first I removed the tonneau and placed a cross tool box in the back. But a year later, I was still missing the lockable rear storage of my old K5 Blazer, so I got a used Leer cap.

RAZOR, I like the skid plate and the tow mirrors. I came up in the 70's and 80's when pickups all had big sideview mirrors and I believe the 1500 should all come with mirrors likethat. No sense in making the truck larger but giving it Honda Civic-sized mirrors.

KYLE, is that light bar attached to your truck cap or to the CHMBL? My topper is a Leer 180, so it rises slightly (3 inches?) higher than the roofline. Rather than drill holes in my truck roof, I thought about placing lighting on the Leer