Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

I really do love mine. With all the space behind the front seats it’s pretty practical too.

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Ever since I put the stoptech rotors and pads on my truck it’s been shaking like crazy. After chasing my tail a bit on it I finally decided I must have got wrapped rotors from the jump. Pulled the trigger on hawk rotors and pads last week and got them on today. SHAKING IS GONE!!!!

pic of new stoppers

Attachments

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Waiting “patiently” to hear back on these guys!
Are those fox? What year are they from? I have a first gen Sequoia and believe our chassis are the same......

Nice work on the rear axles.
Those are from a third gen tundra TRD pro. I don’t thing this would fit a first gen sequoia, maybe a second. I’d look into dobinson IMS, they seem to be a solid suspension.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Installed my AIP bypass kit from Hewitt Tech this week. In the process of installing the AIP bypass I damaged the sensors and my truck went into limp mode, so I had to order the PSO kit for both banks from Hewitt. The bypass kit it's self was really nice, but a pain to install just because of the location of everything. Took me a few hours taking my time.

The kit
How is this working out ?

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

AIP bypass has been great. No lift just stock TRD pro height, wheels have a bit of off set so the tires clear no problem.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Slather a little waterproof grease over those battery terminals and it will keep the corrosion at bay.

Reactions: Hanzo

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Changed my oil, removed an exhaust heat shield that was rattling, swapped out the original spare for one that matches, and installed my ABS sensor extension on my rear axle (needed for the TRD pro suspension).

Attachments

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

RCI aluminum skids installed today. Covers all the way back to the T Case. Waiting on the gas tank skid to show up.

Attachments

Reactions: Jim SoG

Hanzo

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Frankfort, MI, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Vandervest
Member #

Finished up a few projects this weekend. Installed my rear diff breather kit and worked out my cruise control install. Really happy to have cruise for up coming trips. Did run into one little problem…the mounting point for my rear gas tank strap is cracked . I hooked a ratchet strap to the frame to reinforce it for now and installed a new front strap. Not really sure how I’ll sort this one out yet.

Attachments

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

There is something about the regular cabs that's just kinda cool in a Tundra.
Yep I agree. I’ve got a DC but always thought a second tundra that was a single cab would be a great truck. Love the build. Keep it up!