Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

Very nice. Since I saw it on your to do list fyi LRA is ditching the 34 gallon aux tank and only going forward with the 24 gallon model

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
I found that out when I ordered the tank. It has arrived at my mechanics so I’m just waiting for the skids to arrive to install. I hope that the higher clearance is worth the 10 less gallons.

Very nice. Since I saw it on your to do list fyi LRA is ditching the 34 gallon aux tank and only going forward with the 24 gallon model

Reactions: Icculus

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
CBi Full Skid Plates w/ Tank plate should ship ... soon?
Ordered ARB OME (Old Man Emu) BP-51 Lift Kit & Full Suspension with OME upper control arms today.
Hopefully they will both arrive in a week or two at Parry Motors to be installed at the same time as the LRA tank.
Now, just need to get some BFG KO2s by that time ...

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
Hah!!! Never got/saw the shipping notification from CBi. They've been at my mechanic for a few weeks. So I'm REALLY glad that I went ahead and ordered the OME upgraded suspension. They'll be ordering the recovery points and the BFG KO2s. So as soon as the little EMUs get there I can bring in Shelia for her 2 day spa treatment.

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
OME UCArms were extremely back ordered. Did not even have a ship date.

Swapped them out for SPC upper control arms instead. Hopefully will ship by the 17th.

If I’m lucky I can get her into the shop so they can install everything before the end of the month.

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
CBI skid plates and OME installed. Will pick up after drivers mirror (bird strike casualty) is replaced. Great work by Chris at Parry Motors in Portland, Maine.

LRA tank will need to wait for another appointment as we need Shelia this weekend.

Attachments

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
LRAmeria auxiliary tank installed. Wouxun KG-1000G installed. Have the RamMount hardware for the Garmin InReach mini. (And the mini!)

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
Long Range America tank installed.

Attachments

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
Awning installed. Hopefully correctly. It’s great but I either have to make sure I get everything out of the drawers before I deploy or swing in “the back 90” to open the hatch. Or I should have gotten the 180. Thankfully the key will lower the rear window.

Attachments

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
That's a great looking rig. I would argue that if you really think you need skid plates then you ought to rethink those N-Fab steps. Consider rock sliders.

4Ruffner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maine, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ruffner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS -- WRJR401
I totally agree with you. I’ve got full CBI aluminum skid plates. Sliders are on my list. If CBI had a set in stock I’d stop by there next week. I’m taking a road trip. And would be able to swing by after Teton.

That's a great looking rig. I would argue that if you really think you need skid plates then you ought to rethink those N-Fab steps. Consider rock sliders.

Last edited: