Share your adventure, rig story

• HTML tutorial

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Following along with Joseph’s idea to share stories. I’ve been riding motorcycles for almost 30 years and still don’t have my endorsement. Yes I know I know. This is my second V twin, but the biggest dual sport and the nicest motorcycle I believe I have ever owned, we purchased it the week that we took off for spring break and picked it up when we got home. Other than a few short 45 minute rides to get a custom to the bike and make sure I was out fitting in correctly. My very first ride was over 1400 miles out and back from central Ohio to Springfield Missouri for an over landing event I was teaching at. 40° weather and 40 mile an hour wind gusts definitely made for an exciting ride out. Heated gloves and good insulation were key to a successful trip!!

I was about 10 hours in riding along the ridge in the highway in Missouri and I passed someone driving a small transit connect van with a cargo trailer watching the guy get blown around the road doing 55 miles an hour. As I passed him I thought to myself “that guys having a bad day”

I instantly started laughing and realized that the long day in the saddle and fighting the wins was far more of an adventure. Then I could’ve ever realized. I literally started laughing to myself that I had an amazing day. I absolutely loved the way this bike handled everything that I had asked her to do and made me feel safe in heavy congested metro areas and let me relax And enjoy the vistas as the cruise control flawlessly worked!!

And in 30 years of riding, it was actually my longest trip I had ever taken. The longest trip up to that point was only a 300 mile round-trip to Cleveland and back on a 2002 Honda shadow 1100 with my wife… so let’s just say I felt confident enough to go big and it got me home!!

I didn’t put too many more miles on the bike this summer with Work and family needing me to haul kids around and visit sites and it would look unprofessional walking into a building, carrying a motorcycle helmet. In the last month I’ve recently gotten the bike back out far more than I did all summer and realized it other than a few small changes in riding gear and possibly changing the tires to a more gravel, friendly tread pattern. I absolutely would not hesitate to take that bike any place and know that I would be comfortable.

I think they did a fantastic job on the redesign and I’m looking forward to thousands of more miles of travel!!

Attachments

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I took this video coming back from that first event. The llama is my Instagram and something me and the kids do and it’s just kind of fun.