Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
I purchased the Renogy 200AH battery and want to install in my truck bed. I have DECKED system inn2016 F150 with Softopper. Would like to install behind my fridge. I can’t seem to find a box or system to secure thus shape battery. Suggestions?

Attachments

Pretzel

Rank IV

Member III

Greenville, NC
First Name
Eric
Last Name
D.
Member #

Don't underestimate the benefit of making one yourself if you have the interest in doing so. With the price of materials right now I doubt it'd be cheaper than anything you could buy but you could customize all your own options on an auxiliary power box.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
renogy makes a box...
it's $40 and a sheet of plywood alone is double that now

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
I know this is an old thread but hoping OP is still around... What battery are you running under the hood? I have a lead acid main and aux battery, but would love to add a house battery like that for extended trips. But I'm nervous about adding a lipo or AGM battery on the same system.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I know this is an old thread but hoping OP is still around... What battery are you running under the hood? I have a lead acid main and aux battery, but would love to add a house battery like that for extended trips. But I'm nervous about adding a lipo or AGM battery on the same system.
the AGM battery is basically the same as a flooded lead acid battery except it has a fiberglass mat between the plates to suspend the electrolyte versus the plates being suspended in the electrolyte. charging is the same and the differences come once you get into lithium batteries. so no need need to worry about mixing battery types when its AGM and flooded batteries. i run all three and the only one that is stand alone is the lithium where it is on its own with its own charger

i recently bought the exact same battery the OP got and it is HEAVY. right at 130 pounds...so if you are thinking about that battery, just know it is going to weigh a lot

Reactions: Aequitas1916

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
the AGM battery is basically the same as a flooded lead acid battery except it has a fiberglass mat between the plates to suspend the electrolyte versus the plates being suspended in the electrolyte. charging is the same and the differences come once you get into lithium batteries. so no need need to worry about mixing battery types when its AGM and flooded batteries. i run all three and the only one that is stand alone is the lithium where it is on its own with its own charger

i recently bought the exact same battery the OP got and it is HEAVY. right at 130 pounds...so if you are thinking about that battery, just know it is going to weigh a lot
Thanks for the info! I'm planning to add a battery box in the truck bed, so I should be ok with the weight. But good to know I need to make the mount a bit beefier.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Thanks for the info! I'm planning to add a battery box in the truck bed, so I should be ok with the weight. But good to know I need to make the mount a bit beefier.
i have the 200ah in our trailer and i ended up making a box where i had room for the charge controller and i also mounted a fused terminal block where i wired bulkhead connectors and all i have to do is plug in what i want to power.

hope your build goes well!

1665850154438.jpeg

Reactions: Aequitas1916

Aequitas1916

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Weet
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
i have the 200ah in our trailer and i ended up making a box where i had room for the charge controller and i also mounted a fused terminal block where i wired bulkhead connectors and all i have to do is plug in what i want to power.

hope your build goes well!

View attachment 242853
Great idea! Im also planning to get solar, and was just going to sort of toss the charge controller under the hood when I'm actually using the panels. This ^ is a much better idea lol.