Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Seattle, WA
First Name
robert
Last Name
eng
Member #

We're doing sections 1 & 2 of the WABDR this weekend. Getting off work in an hour, go home get all my gear finalized then head down to Stevenson, WA. Probably going to take us 3.5+ hours getting down to the WA-OR border from downtown Seattle. Going with a few buddies in their Tacoma and Sequoia. We've never done the WABDR so it'll be interesting. Will save the remaining sections for next summer. I'll try to post up all the pictures and commentary by the end of Sunday.

Thanks

Evergreen_cummins

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bothell, Washington, USA
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Blomdahl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7PZT
I was out in E WA this weekend, but my home base is Seattle. I am going to try and do the whole WABDR next summer, but I am planning on doing portions of it before then. How was it?

Seattle206

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Seattle, WA
First Name
robert
Last Name
eng
Member #

Hey guys,

I posted my entire trip on the Photo Share section:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sections-1-2-of-wabdr-7-28-7-30-17.8833/

Trip was great! We had so much fun over the weekend. If you click the link above I have my GAIA tracks and statistics screen shots. We did a lot of stopping around for pictures and short hikes here and there. I found section 1 too easy and not very scenic. It's mostly dirt and gravel roads. Section2 on the other hand was amazing! Love the views, especially at Bethel Ridge. Some of the trails are tighter and a little more technical but nothing a little 4 high can't overcome. Section 2 going to Untanum was a bit rough on the tread but that's a given due to the rocky trails. Hope to do 3-6 next summer!