SE QLD- 18-19 FEB -Condamine Gorge/Queen Mary Falls Overnighter-Special Guest Appearance

• HTML tutorial

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Sorry I am unable to attend, due to work commitments. I will be holding the fort at work, while my work colleague will be at the Gold Coast Microsoft Ignite conference.

I would of like to catch up with everybody, and this would have been a great opportunity. Put faces to a names :smiley:.

Colin.
we will keep you tagged on any future meet ups...i know we are all over the place...but all we can do is try mate !...cheers

Reactions: Dunco and bjy10

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all! Meet @MaxCount! He is a fellow Secret Agent, traveling with me for our "work" who will be joining us. He's pretty nice, and not too full of himself. He also happens to be the owner of a fairly impressive Series III which he brushes with a feather duster from time to time, but there has been no evidence it actually runs. @Adamj Do you suppose we can throw him in back? Hmmm, wonder if we should rent a rig?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all, OK, If I wanted to get my hands on a good rig for the weekend, what would be my best option? Last time I basically hit the yellow pages and said, "Hi I'm Michael and I want to rent a 4X4 and drive willy-nilly through the outback for a couple days" and they said, "Cool. $600". Now, I would do that again, but is there a better way? Also - camping gear. We can bring it from the states, but acquiring there would be awesome.

Reactions: Dunco

Adamj

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Im sure we can sort out camping gear between us here to save you bringing it over. Not sure you will have much luck other then rental car places for the rig that I'm aware of anyway sorry.

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hey all, OK, If I wanted to get my hands on a good rig for the weekend, what would be my best option? Last time I basically hit the yellow pages and said, "Hi I'm Michael and I want to rent a 4X4 and drive willy-nilly through the outback for a couple days" and they said, "Cool. $600". Now, I would do that again, but is there a better way? Also - camping gear. We can bring it from the states, but acquiring there would be awesome.
If your keen on your own rig i know a place should be able to get you sorted (ill pm You) as for camping gear like @Adamj said i am sure between all of us we will more then enough to get you both sorted

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

I can bring.....

3 x camp chairs
3 x sleeping bags
1 x swag
1 x 2 person dome tent
My kitchen box is fulltime kitted for 4 people usually (plates, cuttlery, cups, etc)
2 x butane cookers (plenty of cannisters)
I will have the 60 amp spare battery fully charged ( 1 x 12v socket and 2 x USB outlets)
10 lt water jerry

if we pool together, i think you will be fine @Michael and @MaxCount

Cheers

Reactions: Adamj and Dunco