SE Michigan overland mechanic needed!

• HTML tutorial

ElGreco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi guys,

I live in SE MI (Ann Arbor), and I'm just starting to get into overlanding.
I'm trying to find a mechanic who understands overlanding and not just ridiculous lift kits.
I've been trying to get someone to install a vent breather kit for me in order to get my diff and transmission vents raised higher to avoid water ingress during water crossings, and it's been a lot harder than expected.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Joel S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8OJK
Hi guys,

I live in SE MI (Ann Arbor), and I'm just starting to get into overlanding.
I'm trying to find a mechanic who understands overlanding and not just ridiculous lift kits.
I've been trying to get someone to install a vent breather kit for me in order to get my diff and transmission vents raised higher to avoid water ingress during water crossings, and it's been a lot harder than expected.

Thank you very much for your time and help!
Hey! Live in canton! I’ve just been doing stuff in my garage, so not too aware of mechanics around here. Although it would be nice to have a local mechanic

What rig do you have?

Joel S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8OJK
Wow that’s bad ass! I’m always enamored with full size rigs. And a full size SUV? Double cool/rare.

If anything, look for more hardcore Jeep mechanics around. I know they know more about actual off road necessities rather than the 8” lift on 22” wheels

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

If you are capable, I recommend doing it yourself. Google and YouTube should be able to show you enough of what you need to know. If you are not comfortable enough in your skills, then this is a good time to learn. The last thing you want is to be out in the middle of nowhere, and need a basic repair that you can't perform.

Reactions: B-R