Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I’m looking at a pair of Scheel-Mann seats as the next major upgrade for our 80 series. I’ve read a few positive reviews written by professionals, but I haven’t found a regular guy or gal that rides on them. $4,000 is a lot of coin for seats and I’d hate to suffer from buyers remorse. If you have em, do you like em? Are they worth that kind of coin. I’ve looked at other seats, ( Corbeau, etc) and am not impressed as they wouldn’t be much of an upgrade from our stock seats. I’m 6’1 and was spoiled for a couple of decades with top of the line Bostrom seats that easily lasted half a million miles. They are priced at about half what the Scheel-Mann seats are and certainly wouldn’t fit in our Landcruiser. Opinions ? Thanks !!

GordyP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Pomp
I too am considering SM seats but am weighing them against Corbeau sport seats. Both are a decent amount of money but SM are way more. I’m looking at the Vario F for my scout but will want to at least sit in one before I jump in.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I’ve read a couple of places that my re-upholstered LX 450 seats are just as comfortable as the SM seats. The SM seats are very tempting, but would be a waste of money if they do not provide superior comfort to what I already have. It sure would be nice to actually test sit in them.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I would really like to have Scheelmann seats but they are to expensive. They are better than every other seat and you can configure the width and length of both seat and back part to your needs. If you can afford them buy them, they are worth it.

Reactions: MOAK

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I have a bad back, hip and am an amputee.
I love my Scheel-mann seats and Toby the US Distributor is a great guy to work with.
There are plenty of ways to configure the seat and that impacts price so give him a call or email and see what your real price is.
I will tell you that I went from getting out of my rig every 2hrs to not having to exit until fuel was needed.
Also off road they provide good support without making it hard to enter/exit.

Reactions: MazeVX