Henderson, Nevada, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
mountain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Alertchief

That link gives a good description, basically serves to merge your cellular device to satellite, so phone, internet sms, GPS, etc.

I would rather use a bridge device than a stand alone device, the Iridium allows up to 5 connected devices at a time.
you own this? I have the inreach but want the ability to talk to a client and get emails when I am way offgrid as I am often am. Pros and cons?

Reactions: bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

you own this? I have the inreach but want the ability to talk to a client and get emails when I am way offgrid as I am often am. Pros and cons?
I do not, I was asking here before I spent, others who have replied have some experience with it though. I have not yet determined the direction I want to go, or if that direction is more than one.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Seems might high to use air, but maybe this is the norm?

60 Min. Data OR 120 Min. Voice $399.99/6 Mo. GO! Text 400 Min. Data OR 200 Min. Voice $534.99/6 Mo. 1000 Min. Data OR 500 Min. Voice $819.99/1 Yr.2000 Min. Data OR 1K Min. Voice $1634.99/1 Yr.

GO Axcess - $52.99Month - Inc. 5 Min Data GO Axcess 75 - $81.99/Month - Inc. 75 Min Voice or Data GO Axcess 150 - $112.59/Month - Inc. 150 Min Voice or DataGO Axcess Unlimited - $137.59/Month - Inc. Unlimited Data & 150 Voice Min.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

The SatPhoneStore rents phones and time packages at reasonable rates if your not interested in purchasing. Also there are EPIRBS by ACR that have worldwide service free, no text option, rescue only. Same price as the in-reach. FYI Colorado has a statewide 2M repeater network. If we do something really off the wall and on the extreme side we opt for Global Rescue for just in case insurance where a medical emergency extraction could cost thousands.