Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lynden, WA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Well.. I’m no lawyer but I’d be interest in opinions on how this lines up with the 14th Amendment Section 1.

Thoughts?
They don't care. They will do whatever they feel like and will force someone to make the judicial system deem it constitutional or not.

Nikosan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Peninsula/Pollock Pines
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Well this will definitely cancel our yearly Land Cruiser 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

San Juan County
The Hamptons
Moab
Terlingua

And many others. What is the common thread? The wealthy and privileged sequester themselves away from the masses and use the convenience of this absolute sham of a crisis to ensure their "safety". There are communities helping everyone out and their are communities that are shutting everyone out. Think twice when you start traveling again as to where you spend your money.

Reactions: BCMoto

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
San Juan County
The Hamptons
Moab
Terlingua

And many others. What is the common thread? The wealthy and privileged sequester themselves away from the masses and use the convenience of this absolute sham of a crisis to ensure their "safety". There are communities helping everyone out and their are communities that are shutting everyone out. Think twice when you start traveling again as to where you spend your money.
I would hardly call San Juan County wealthy. The average household income is way below the national average ($46,563 / year).

I shared this because I have a close relationship with the community. They are certainly blessed to live in a beautiful area, but are far from being a wealthy community.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

That's not completely accurate. Telluride falls into San Juan County and the people who own homes there and left their metropolitan communities, have income levels not factored into the county average. Neither does the Hamptons. I have two friends who left LA and another Florida and are now quarantining in Telluride in multi-bajillion dollar homes. I ahve a friend who lives in Hilton Head who also has homes in Manhattan and The Hamptons. She says Hilton head is full of part-time citizens. Her mother says The Hamptons are packed as well. They ahve even gone as far as having helicopter service bring food ans supplies into the Hamptons so they don't run out of caviar and champagne. (tongue in cheek)

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
That's not completely accurate. Telluride falls into San Juan County and the people who own homes there and left their metropolitan communities, have income levels not factored into the county average. Neither does the Hamptons. I have two friends who left LA and another Florida and are now quarantining in Telluride in multi-bajillion dollar homes.
Telluride is in San Miguel County

Silverton is the only incorporated municipality in San Juan County.

I have a business in Silverton and the local economy is entirely driven by tourism, so this move is certainly having a negative impact on the people there. According to this decree, I can't even go check on the property as I am not a resident. It seems like there are mixed feelings within the community about this, but the decision was made by the sheriff.

Last edited:
Reactions: USStrongman

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Well.. I’m no lawyer but I’d be interest in opinions on how this lines up with the 14th Amendment Section 1.

Thoughts?
I was thinking the same thing that is the whole reason why there isn’t a national “lockdown or quarantine” because you can’t incarcerate without due process and for a county sheriff especially Bruce from Telluride, I used to live down the road in Montrose my brother was a deputy in San Juan County, for a backwoods sheriff to tell anyone they can’t be in the county yeah there is no real backbone to the “ORDER” it is not a law and as I have noticed time and again throughout this last week they are taking our rights as citizens given to us by GOD written in the constitution in the name of safety and security. Isn’t that what the communist do.