San Jose, CA: Meet & Greet, November 10, 2018, Noon, at Santa Clara Valley Brewing - 11/10/2018

• HTML tutorial

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Who: All overlanders, enthusiasts, and future overlanders.

What: Meet fellow overlanders, check out cool rigs, get hands-on experience on equipment, plan future trips.

Where: Santa Clara Valley Brewing, 101 E Alma Ave, San Jose, CA 95112

When: The brewery's tap room opens at noon but I received permission from the brewery to begin parking at 11:30AM. Prime parking may be limited so show up early.

Why: 'Merica!

How: As always, be on your best behavior and be an ambassador of our sport. Don't drink and drive.

Food: The taproom does not serve food, you may order food via DoorDash or UberEats as per their recommendation: https://www.scvbrewing.com/taproom/ There are also several fast food restaurants down the street on Monterey Hwy such as Denny's, Wendy's, Togos, Jack In The Box, Taco Bell, Starbucks, and Popeyes. There's also countless Mexican food trucks up and down Monterey Hwy and they're pretty legit.

Dogs are welcome at the brewery including the tap room. Feel free to bring the overland hound(s) along.

View Rally Point
Last edited:

animaloverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tollhouse, California, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Van Sciver
Member #

Is anyone coming on Saturday to the Meet & Greet that went on the recent trip to Bald Mountain? I would like to get some recent trail condition intel for a planned trip there over Thanksgiving weekend. See you Saturday

Reactions: ScorpioVI

Arturo solorzano

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland ca
Member #

Is anyone coming on Saturday to the Meet & Greet that went on the recent trip to Bald Mountain? I would like to get some recent trail condition intel for a planned trip there over Thanksgiving weekend. See you Saturday
We did the hard Bald Mountain trail, it was nice, the gate keeper was a little intimidating, but the rest was more of a medium trail. See you Saturday.

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Looks like great weather tomorrow with highs in the mid-70s. Crap air quality due to the Camp Fire burning up in Butte County but what are you gonna do. See you guys there. I have OB goodies provided by Kent Reynolds and Dunkin Donuts.

SpiritRaven

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San jose ca
Member #

Looks like great weather tomorrow with highs in the mid-70s. Crap air quality due to the Camp Fire burning up in Butte County but what are you gonna do. See you guys there. I have OB goodies provided by Kent Reynolds and Dunkin Donuts.
See you all there

Tone615

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Joshua Tree, CA, USA
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Baker
Member #

What a great group of people! I think I had the chance to meet most everyone, at least early on. Got drawn in to a couple beers and long conversations with Albert & Don (sorry, don't know handles yet).

I'm not attending Overland Expo East this weekend, after attending the past three years. As painful as that is, it was SO GOOD to discover the incredible energy, spirit and attitudes that brings me back to OE every year is very much alive and kickin' in the Bay Area OB members.

I picked-up so much info today, having just moved to the area. Loads of new gear, camping and overlanding sites to check out!

Hoping this becomes a regular monthly gathering!!