Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Looks like the rally point date is wrong it states Saturday the 18th vs. Thursday the 16th which is the actual date of our next meetup.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

We will be meeting and hope to see everybody in the area! please check Rally Points for detail.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Good time last night and cool gift exchange. I actually made it back over the earths edge without falling off.
We forgot to plan our next trip.

Reactions: Big Blue and MMc

Big Blue

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336; HAM:
That was fun. We’re all too nice to steal each other’s gifts though. We’ll continue the tradition next year.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Wow 2022.
It was a hoot. Gotta try and beat last year and get out more.

How many people remember reading "1984" and realizing that you would see that year in a decade or two? Then, calculating how old you would be when it hit 2000. We were suppose to have flying cars, special communicators like star trek and robot's.

??
Anyone?

Hello?

Sigh.

Big Blue

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336; HAM:
Haha! According to Back to the Future 2, we should’ve had flying cars, hover boards, and self drying clothing by 2015.

Does gmrs count as special communicators? No? Ok.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
We have actually gone beyond star trek. They used flip phones to communicate and in a few episodes, basic tablets.

Reactions: Big Blue

Stevie_k_jr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fontana, San Bernardino County, California, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Kammerer Jr
Member #

Hey Guys,

My name is Steve, I live in Fontana and looking to meet some folks that do some trips in my area. I'm new to everything so I don't have much beside my 96 FZJ80 and a tent, I have been off-roading and camping most of my life though. Just not much camping out of my rig. Just had a heart transplant in November at Cedar's-Sinai so I'm still recovering a bit but would like to take a couple short trips or even day trips with some like minded folks.

Thanks.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Hi Steve
Good question on the adventure pass. As far as I know, you get it at the Ranger stations. Not sure if they do them online.
Campfire Permit This is something you want. Keep it in your glovebox. You renew it every January.

Everyone else hear that??? get one of these.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I'm also wondering if I need to purchase a Southern California Adventure Pass to be on the trails around here. Never purchased one before, and have been on a few trails around here.
The adventure pass is required if you recreate on the local trails in Angeles National Forest, San Bernardino National Forest, etc. If you intend to go to any National Parks or other federal fee areas you may want to consider getting the America the Beautiful pass instead. It costs more than the adventure pass ($80 vs. $30) but it covers all of the federal areas (National Park, National Forest, BLM, etc.) that require an entrance fee so it may save money depending on where you go for the year.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
This Thursday?
Jeff?
You gonna be there?
Need to figure out where were going next.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Welcome Steve! we get together every third tursday of the month at the clear mans Gally. Please show up and get to know us. See Rally points for the full info.

Last edited: