US West San Gabriel Valley (SGV) Coffee and Rigs Meet Up

• HTML tutorial

DannyR53

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA, USA
Member #

Nice. I was just exploring up there last weekend. This weekend I'll be camping up there near Holcomb to escape the heat. Hopefully the fires die down somewhat. It's real smokey around here. At least the winds are blowing west instead of east towards Big Bear. I'll try to make the meet up next Thursday.
It was nice to escape that summer heat. I was with a few friends and camped out on wildhorse. Not as crowded as Holcomb.

Reactions: MMc

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

A heads up that we are getting together tomorrow! We are meeting this month at Lonehill Middle School at 6:00. It’s just off the freeway and east to find. There are plenty of places to grab a bite at a Lonehill and Arrow Hwy, just a couple blocks away. Bring a chair, maybe dinner. We will be under the solar on the lawn plenty of parking.
All are welcome.
I’ll be flying the Overland glad from my white Ram 2500. Ballena Blanca. Hope to see you all there.

Last edited:

80_DeuceAdventures

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
First Name
Attila
Last Name
Iklady
Member #

Meeting at Lone Hill Middle School at 700 S Lone Hill Ave, San Dimas, CA 91773. Bring some chairs and hang out in the field next to the parking lot. Bring some food to enjoy, several places in the area up Lone Hill. This location was changed to aid social distancing (there are a few in the group who are either immunocompromised or live with someone who is). Looking forward to seeing you!
I'll be there!! Man its been a while. Glad you are getting this set up.

Reactions: MMc and matthewg

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Good meeting you guys. Let me know if any of you want head out for a quick overnighter or just some off roading.

I'm the guy with the Ranger btw

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Thank you all for showing up. I hope to see you guys next month. How did you like meeting at the school?

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Thank you all for showing up. I hope to see you guys next month. How did you like meeting at the school?
I think the new venue worked out pretty well and was much more comfortable compared to the parking lot before. The only gotcha I see is if for some reason there happens to be a school function coinciding on the night of one of our meets which probably will not be a problem for the next month or so.

Reactions: MMc

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I think the new venue worked out pretty well and was much more comfortable compared to the parking lot before. The only gotcha I see is if for some reason there happens to be a school function coinciding on the night of one of our meets which probably will not be a problem for the next month or so.
Yes, I thought of that too. Hopefully the restaurants will be open as the school opens.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
looks like my work is keeping me on nights for now anyway. maybe i can see you guys on the trail sometime.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

IS there a meetup this month? Anyone doing any trails that aren't currently burning?

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Yes we’ll have a meetup. All forest and balm land is closed in CA right now, could change on the 15th. I am try to leave soon.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Are we meeting this Thursday 9/17 vs. the Sunday 9/20 currently on the Rally Point notice?

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Thank you @MMc for hoisting the flag!

Looking forward to joining this time around at Lone Hill 6pm.

( @socal66 thanks for pointing out the rally point discrepancy BTW, I've manually updated it - it seems to be a bug, one part of the event says "recurring on every Thursday" ... but then it shows it on Sunday, haha)

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

SGV will be getting this Thursday at 6:00 at lonehill Middle School. I hope you all can make it.

Reactions: Big Blue

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I forgot to mention there are places to grab a bite on Arrow Highway on both sides of the freeway! We’ll be starting about 6:00 on the lawn under the solar bring a chair food if you want.

Big Blue

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Gabriel, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Old
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRJK336
I would like to test out my Baofeng gmrs walkie. Would anyone else be able to bring theirs along to test? It gets lonely talking to myself. Haha.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I had just installed a mobile GRMS unit in my Jeep a couple of weeks ago that I use to talk to myself so I will bring that tomorrow.

Reactions: Big Blue