San Diego

• HTML tutorial

ABomb

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Mesa, CA
Member #

New member from San Diego, any San Diego meets planned? Haven't seen any on Rally Point.
There's a meetup in borrego springs on dec 3. Think there's a rally point for it. Coachella members are organizing it, but I'm most likely going.

Reactions: Taco 16

Taco 16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Myrick
Member #

There's a meetup in borrego springs on dec 3. Think there's a rally point for it. Coachella members are organizing it, but I'm most likely going.
Thanks I’ll have to go look again. I’ll probably be going too

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Taco 16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Myrick
Member #

Yeah I saw that meet on rally point and while I really enjoy being out on the trails I want us here in SD to do a coffee and rigs meet too. It looks like we have a ton of members here in SD, it would be nice to start a monthly meet for us to get together to talk rigs, trails and general BS.

Ivan Montano

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Playas de Rosarito, Mexico
Member #

Yeah I saw that meet on rally point and while I really enjoy being out on the trails I want us here in SD to do a coffee and rigs meet too. It looks like we have a ton of members here in SD, it would be nice to start a monthly meet for us to get together to talk rigs, trails and general BS.
I agree! There is a lot of us here in the SD area. A monthly meeting will be fun to have.

Reactions: tbuck12 and Taco 16

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
If you guys make it later in the month as recurring (OC is first Saturday of every month starting in January), I would love to drive down from OC and visit the old stomping grounds, I am sure I am not alone. I bet others would drive down as well.

Reactions: Taco 16

Taco 16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Myrick
Member #

If you guys make it later in the month as recurring (OC is first Saturday of every month starting in January), I would love to drive down from OC and visit the old stomping grounds, I am sure I am not alone. I bet others would drive down as well.
Frank Im glad you responded because I wanted to talk with you before I set this up, I know you have experience with setting up meets and was going to ask if you could join us too. Maybe we’ll do the second or third Saturday in the month so other regions can join. I’ll be PMing you soon about this. Thanks!

Reactions: FrankRoams

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Frank Im glad you responded because I wanted to talk with you before I set this up, I know you have experience with setting up meets and was going to ask if you could join us too. Maybe we’ll do the second or third Saturday in the month so other regions can join. I’ll be PMing you soon about this. Thanks!

Sounds good. Anything I can do to help. Cheers.

Ivan Montano

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Playas de Rosarito, Mexico
Member #

Welcome! Nice rig!
Taco,
Frank and I were discussing the possibility of having the meet and greet in Plaza Bonita where they have a big parking lot and they also have food shops and bars so everybody can have a good time. I am planning to go there to see if I can talk to security and see if they won't give us the boot for being too many cars (Hoping to bee a lot of cars LOL)

Reactions: tbuck12

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Taco,
Frank and I were discussing the possibility of having the meet and greet in Plaza Bonita where they have a big parking lot and they also have food shops and bars so everybody can have a good time. I am planning to go there to see if I can talk to security and see if they won't give us the boot for being too many cars (Hoping to bee a lot of cars LOL)
Even if they put you out in a back corner of a lot, that's fine. Stress you're planning on visiting one of the bars or restaurants as a group. They shouldn't care as long as you're not milling out in the parking lot for too long. Most of the time they just don't want it to look like a car show with people standing around. In their mind, bad things usually happen with idle time, hp and big open spaces lol. (not that many of us can spin tires anymore, lol)

D

donuteater

Another shout out for Esco...maybe because it’s in my backyard but I planned a meet up in my FJ Club for Stone Brewery and it worked out great

Reactions: FrankRoams