Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

I plan to install some parts that arrived sometime on my break next weekend. I found a DIY auto garage, so I can go there to install everything!
Where is that located? Cost?

I have a carport but I’ve always wanted a place I could stage a bigger job on my 4runner if the weather was supposed to be bad that weeekend or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

I have a carport but I’ve always wanted a place I could stage a bigger job on my 4runner if the weather was supposed to be bad that weeekend or something like that.

Did a quick google search and found this one
http://www.turnersdiy.com/
I have been looking for one missed having access to a garage like this when I was in the army. Base always had one.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Did a quick google search and found this one
http://www.turnersdiy.com/
I have been looking for one missed having access to a garage like this when I was in the army. Base always had one.

That seems like a great resource.

Let us know how you like it! Always good to have vetted resources like this.

Reactions: Hybrid_Offroad

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Travis Barker posted the site. I haven't contacted them yet, hope to soon.

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

I'll post my feedback about this place. So far I read good things. I agree @f250ben it would be a great resource. If all works out, maybe we could plan install meets... Would be nice to meet other members, learn about each others vehicle platforms and help install parts.

Reactions: Travis Barker

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I'll post my feedback about this place. So far I read good things. I agree @f250ben it would be a great resource. If all works out, maybe we could plan install meets... Would be nice to meet other members, learn about each others vehicle platforms and help install parts.
I would be down for install meets

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

I have not. I'm on my last couple days of my 14-day stretch for work so I have literally been eat, sleep, work... repeat haha. However, the parts I have to install are vehicle specific.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

I have not. I'm on my last couple days of my 14-day stretch for work so I have literally been eat, sleep, work... repeat haha. However, the parts I have to install are vehicle specific.
I know that cycle well.

I’ve had my complete dobinsons suspension sitting in my garage for the past 2 months. 1st month I was building a shop. 2nd month I was managing a new location buildout for work, then opening that location.

I haven’t done much in the way of “fun work” lately.

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

I know that cycle well.

I’ve had my complete dobinsons suspension sitting in my garage for the past 2 months. 1st month I was building a shop. 2nd month I was managing a new location buildout for work, then opening that location.

I haven’t done much in the way of “fun work” lately.

I thinking we need like an install meet lol.

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

So this is totally last minute but is there anyone here that would be free Sunday (anytime of day) that could help install parts? I had some plans, but they fell through, so my Sunday is open.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

So this is totally last minute but is there anyone here that would be free Sunday (anytime of day) that could help install parts? I had some plans, but they fell through, so my Sunday is open.
Sorry man just now saw this. I ended up actually installing half of my dobinsons suspension saturday and sunday. Now i'm still in the middle of wrapping it up, and down 1 vehicle until I do, so I don't have a ton of extra time. If you need some help in mid July though, I should have my T4R and shop projects wrapped up and might be a bit more free.

How much work are you trying to do again? Even though I don't have a ton of time to spare right now after family time and getting all my extra work done, I'm always available for a phone call, or even a ride by to offer some suggestions if you're stuck. Shoot me a message and i'll send you my phone number.

Reactions: Hybrid_Offroad

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Sorry man just now saw this. I ended up actually installing half of my dobinsons suspension saturday and sunday. Now i'm still in the middle of wrapping it up, and down 1 vehicle until I do, so I don't have a ton of extra time. If you need some help in mid July though, I should have my T4R and shop projects wrapped up and might be a bit more free.

How much work are you trying to do again? Even though I don't have a ton of time to spare right now after family time and getting all my extra work done, I'm always available for a phone call, or even a ride by to offer some suggestions if you're stuck. Shoot me a message and i'll send you my phone number.
Oh don't worry brotha, It was totally last minute too. I honestly don't have much. Just some lights and few bumper pieces. I just lack the space and tools/equipment to do so. And the weather has not been the best to do the work outdoors if I really had to. I've been calling the TurnersDIY place for awhile and no answer. Emailed them a while ago but only replied that they are moving to a different location.