Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
The Monsoons are here and have taken its toll. We had a big wind that snaped our Mesquite tree off at the roots. It then picked it up out of the hole and put it on top of my Xterra.

The tree is a loss but what will happen to my beloved Xterra. They literally don't make them like this anymore.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
So after some strategic cutting with the chainsaw and some creative rigging we were able to dig out and assess the damage. Looking like it is mostly glass and body damage with just a little interior damage.

Also lost my antennas. The stock one is easy enough.

But the Ham radio ones are a real bummer (like this whole thing isn't). The UHF/VHF is mangled. The HF one is sheared off.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Yep. Fully covered. Thing is that it is an '07 with over 130k on it. For what it is worth Blue Book it would be really hard to replace.

Plus I am the original owner and I really like it. I am hoping to take it well over 200k and get a few more years out of it.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Here's the bright side, you have a ton of mesquite for the smoker now! Fix the glass, leave the dents and you won't have to worry about trail dents anymore.

Reactions: BCBrian and KD7WCD

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

^^x2. Glad no one was hurt. Leave the dings, no more worries about pinstriping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KD7WCD

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Here's the bright side, you have a ton of mesquite for the smoker now! Fix the glass, leave the dents and you won't have to worry about trail dents anymore.
Yea. It's to bad it didn't hit the passenger side. There is a big bent in the door from Gold Stone Pass. [emoji12]

Biggest concern is the damage to the body just above the door. I am worried that the door is not going to close tight and let rain and dust in. Past that the hood and door could be a junkyard fix.

Biggest concern about AZ pinstriping is that what ever they paint won't match the rest. I have a pretty consistent pattern going all over it right now.

One of the amazing things is a lot of the weight of the tree was on the roof rack. Yet there is no damages to it or the roof itself.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Well, good luck with it. That's a lot of damage spread across the rig. I used to have a '07 X, the only part of it I miss are the seats.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I don't think the damage is that bad. I'd get a blacked out hood while I was at it, cut the glare when traveling. I want to black out my hood and this seems like the perfect opportunity for you! I doubt that little dent above the door will affect anything. As long as there isn't an amazing amount of wind noise from it, it's probably sealed as tightly as it was factory. These things are designed to be full of dirt and dust!

You probably want to turn in suspension damage on insurance as well. The rear springs are notoriously bad on these Xterras, I know I had to add Helwig 550 helpers just to carry my family without beating the rear bumps on my 07 S.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Got it back. And everything looks good. The insurance is even replacing the ham radio antennas. [emoji3][emoji106]

Unfortunately there was no talking them into painting the whole truck so I guess I'll have to go out and match up the Arizona pinstriping so the new paint matches the old.

Now I am seeing a new opertunity. I pulled just above every thing out before taking it to the shop because it was not clear if they were going to total it or fix it. Now that it is all out I am thinking it is a good opportunity to kind of refit what I carry day to day and maybe rethink the use of some of the space. Maybe that should be it's own thread?