Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Cole
Member #

I see a lot of dots/members on the map in the greater Sacramento area. Do you all meet up anywhere ? I found the one in El dorado Hills, but heard there was a group that met at Sunrise mall. Just looking to connect with like minded explorers.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I see a lot of dots/members on the map in the greater Sacramento area. Do you all meet up anywhere ? I found the one in El dorado Hills, but heard there was a group that met at Sunrise mall. Just looking to connect with like minded explorers.
@Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
The Sacramento meetup was disbanded, we have a meetup in Auburn tentatively on the first Saturday of every month. The next meetup is on Saturday September 7th at the Round Table Pizza on Elm Avenue. We would love to have you attend. Check out the details on the Rally Point for Gold Country Overland Meetup.

If you have any questions or concerns I am the member representative for Northern California, you can contact me @Magic Mike here in the forums.

Lucy R

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Lucy
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LOU
The El Dorado Hills Meet-up is called Sierra Foothills Overlanders. Our next meeting is Aug 20th and you are welcome to come check it out. We get 25 -40 people every meeting and we're a pretty active group with trips, education, speakers, etc. We meet on the third Tuesday of each month at Steve's Pizza, 3941 Park Dr., El Dorado Hills. Come at 6:30 to order dinner and meeting starts at 7 pm sharp.

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
If you want to start up a Sacramento group, I would be happy to come down from Yuba City to help.

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
@Josh Cole Ill PM you and bring you up to speed on meet ups. Thanks for your interest.

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
If this is where I can be added to a local Sacramento region group meet up, throw my name in the hat. I’m out of Galt

Reactions: Josh Cole

Josh Cole

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Cole
Member #

I’m going to go up to the Sierra Meet on the 17th to meet with Ken and see how they format theirs. Would anyone be interested in meeting at in front of the Coldstone Creamery, on Sunrise Blvd, in front of Birdcage on Friday 13th around 7-8ish ? I’m thinking just a hang out and meet up to see who’s all interested in doing this once a month. This is not an official group meet, but may turn into one.
Reply here if your interested!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I'd be interested in attending...butttt Fridays aren't good for me. Have to bring the girls to Hula class.