S. Utah to Olympic Peninsula

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

My Wife and I are in the VERY Early planning stages of a trip from southern Utah to the Olympic Peninsula very loosely slated for late summer 2018. Just want to get some ideas from other OB members pertaining to routes, camping areas and sights to be seen along the way. Right now I'm putting our route through southern Utah to Nevada, then north into Oregon. Once in Oregon I really don't have a lot of prior knowledge of the state. After we spend 2-3 days at the Olympic Peninsula, We are going to follow the coast down to Yosemite and Sequoia, then East back home to Southern Utah. So if anyone has any Sweet camping spots or the like to share, please feel free!:blush:

Reactions: Bluefox

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

This will be an amazing trip! Definitely watching your thread on this one. I have a few ideas, but need to look them up in my notes. I'm sure others will chime in, but this sounds so fun!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bluefox

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chino Hills
Member #

You are definitely gonna wanna go up/down the coast in Washington. There are so many parks, picture pull outs, cute towns scattered up and down the coast.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app

Contributor I

So a little update, I have refined our route a bit, we will start in southern utah, go into Panaca Nevada, cross over Nevada into Benton Ca, there we will camp for the night. The next day we will tour through Yosemite NP. From there we will drive to San Francisco.

We will stay the night there, then go north to the Humboldt Redwood State Park. We will camp a couple night here then go to Redwood National Park, visit for the day, then continue north along the PCH camping as we go with stops planned Coos Bay, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Sea Lion caves, Thors Well, Seal Rock along with many other state parks. Our next hotel night will be in Astoria, Oregon.

The next morning we will visit the Fort Stevens State Park. From there we begin camping again until we hit Olympic National Park. Here we will spend 2-3 days camping and seeing the sites. Then we will begin our journey back southeast through Mt. Rainer National Park, eastern Washington State and Idaho camping at different places along the way. After Mt Rainer, I really have no idea as to where to camp So I really could use some input.

Bluefox

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chino Hills
Member #

Going up the coast in Oregon and Washington there are a bunch of camp grounds scattered around, pending on the your travel times there is a nice campground right near the mouth of the Columbia River on the Washington side, can get a bit windy but there are ample trees to block the wind.
How far up in the Olympic national park are looking to go?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app

Contributor I

Travel Time Will be as needed up to two weeks. as far as how far into Olympic national park, i was thinking about Graves creek and Hoh rain forest. still trying to hash out the details from further south so i haven't spent alot of time looking at Olympic NP yet

Last edited: