Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Murphy's Law has struck. The person we had scheduled for the house/pet sitter was a no-show this morning. Working on a Plan B. Hope to leave out Monday and try to catch up to the group on the trail somewhere in VA. I realize cell / internet service will be sketchy, but hopefully you guys can post updates on current location and plans for the next camp site.

NØMAD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

Hi Folks...here's the pre-departure pic. Arrived just south of Parkersburg, WV. I'll be at the rally point in the morning by 0800.
Quick question: do we have pre-selected GMRS channels and are we using PL/privacy codes? I might need to do a quick update to my radio if we are using PL codes. See you soon.

TAT-PreDepart1.jpg

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Here's another interesting attraction that is just off the CO route by a couple miles:

• Love
Reactions: M Rose

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Left Ripley this morning just after 0900. Let the adventure begin! Winding roads, water crossings... and we only missed a few turns (I guess by "we" we mean "me" since I was out front leading). Got into a wonderful campground near Sutton, WV around 1700.

Attachments

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
We hope to bug out early Monday and catch you guys. I've been following Jehad's gps ( thankyou for posting that) to hopefully figure out where to catch you. I'm planning on McDowell, VA for the rally point depending on where you guys stay the night. Also, what GMRS channel are you guys using?

No_Pavement_Pls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SE Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Lampmann
Member #

We hope to bug out early Monday and catch you guys. I've been following Jehad's gps ( thankyou for posting that) to hopefully figure out where to catch you. I'm planning on McDowell, VA for the rally point depending on where you guys stay the night. Also, what GMRS channel are you guys using?

We're on channel 15, alternate 16

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
There's also this tracker:

Reactions: dennisblass

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
You guys are making good time. I think my new rally point is the community of Burnsville at the intersection of 609 and 614.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Here's another interesting attraction that is just off the CO route by a couple miles:

I love BC… I have been there a few times and definitely worth it if time permits.