Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PXJ
Ahh yes. Working on a TP sponsor for my next trip. Just waiting on Charmin to call back. Just wait ‘till you see all the pics on the gram.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Not too interested in buckets to shit in this post is about running out of toilet paper on the trail. No problem leaning against a tree or popping a squat. If you have fancy toilets and endless tp then you probably have nothing to add.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Simple.

Buy a bunch and don't run out.
Your not living up to your ob name because murphys law say that which can go bad will go bad. So bringing enough tp to not run out makes no sense how do you know your not going to end up with explosive diharrea and blow through your tp in short order. How do you know your bringing enough? Is tp the only gear you carry?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Let me rephrase this for those who have no real experience running out in the woods. What do you do if your in a public restroom and all the stalls are out of tp and you cant hold it anymore? Do you yell for help? Use a sock/underwear? Or do you waddle out of the stall and wash ur ass in the sink?

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

How does one run out of TP and not get more before the need strikes ?

Reactions: Road

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
How does one run out of TP and not get more before the need strikes ?
Easy.

Have Varmints.

Head out on a trip with a group of friends.

One Varmint drops roll of TP into cat hole. Decides to bury it there.

Another Varmint drops roll of TP while jumping over stream to find remote spot to do business.

Now you are out on a trip with a group of friends, still headed away from civilization and your supply of TP is seriously diminished.

Plenty of other ways to get there. Drop on a cactus. Water supply leaks and soaks TP. Someone comes down with a cold and TP gets used up as Kleenex.

Schtuff happens.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Bingo.

I only ran out one time. Then I learned to never run out again.

I can't believe this is a thread.

Quit....
Fact is this is the most overland related thread in a while, have you not noticed all the help me decide on a rig posts. We all poo its a part of life. If i had a unimog to carry a huge supply of tp i would never run out either but thats not the case. How do you know ahead of time if youve brought enough? Do you count your poos and how many wipes it takes to clean up to figure out if youve brought enough? Cuz thats kindof weird.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I live atleast 30min from the closest walmart or brookshires so running out at home has happened before. Cant just hop in the truck with diharrea and drive to get some. Sometimes im out in the middle of a crop field being shook up by a tractor cant go to a corner store for that.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

To all yall who go on extended trips longer than the weekend in middle of nowhere. What do you do or plan to resort to if or when you run out of tp?
Dirty socks,boxers or shirt?
Paper map?
Spray bottle?
Dip your ass in river/stream?
Leaves?
Just be nasty till you get to civilization?

Ive had to do 1 through 5 no way im having itchy stinky butt on the trail. Now i carry more tp than i think ill need but shit happens.
Fact is this is the most overland related thread in a while, have you not noticed all the help me decide on a rig posts. We all poo its a part of life. If i had a unimog to carry a huge supply of tp i would never run out either but thats not the case. How do you know ahead of time if youve brought enough? Do you count your poos and how many wipes it takes to clean up to figure out if youve brought enough? Cuz thats kindof weird.
What's kind of weird is that you've "had to do 1 through 5" and haven't learned yet to be better prepared.

I can't believe this thread is still going, either. This is the kind of shit (pun intended) that encourages others to laugh at OB. This thread should be locked and deleted.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

What's kind of weird is that you've "had to do 1 through 5" and haven't learned yet to be better prepared.

I can't believe this thread is still going, either. This is the kind of shit (pun intended) that encourages others to laugh at OB. This thread should be locked and deleted.
Guess youd rather i talk about what my fantasy rig is or ask what part i should get next? The best laid plans of mice and men go awry. You will eventually have a dirty ass and nothing to wipe with and be thankful of this post. Laughing at something real is you own immature problem.

Reactions: JimInBC