Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
I've noticed that ATVers seem to be reluctant to get off/out of their machines and walk. I've seen them at state park campgrounds jumping on the ATV so they could ride it up to the soft drink vending machine at the campground HQ building.
Oh, man. What can I say? Laziness at its finest. But to be honest, they might be in love with their ATVs. Sometimes I wish I could drive to the bakery 150m away from home only to drive my lovely Xc70
But the anwesere is yay. It is non-environmental friendly; it probably annoys everyone else, and walking is good for your health.

Reactions: MOAK and Advtres

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I think it's funny that the OP expected them to stop and get off the ATV's. Why would anyone do that? Nobody does that. You just ride though the grass, point and say: ''that's where we used to camp'', then tear off. Motorcross boots are useless for walking.

That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works. Lol. So yeah, you totally gave them permission to ride through.

No harm no foul. Them's the rules.
Try hiking 7 miles out of the Desert pushing your dead bike, happen to me at a Hare and Hound race near California City before it was being built up. .always wear two pairs of socks....

Reactions: MidOH and Todd S.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Public land, no fee camping, zero reason to expect proper manners..... which is why many people PAY for a private camping spot every night.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Public land, no fee camping, zero reason to expect proper manners..... which is why many people PAY for a private camping spot every night.
Interesting outlook. In an off handed way we do pay for private camping , very private camping, way off the beaten path, by investing in equipment that’ll get us way away from others. When we are that far into the backcountry weve only ever encountered likeminded people. One thing certain, the western end of the Mogollon Rim and FR 300 isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.