Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I got a message saying someone in my area posted a rally point.
if its a test, it worked well. I believe this is the first one I've seen yet.
Too add, Keller peak is the only yellow post I haven't stayed at. How big is is?

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
This is a bit problematic, after skipping the invite page it said it alerted 1307 people in the area

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Yellow Post sites are allowed to have up to eight people staying. Why did you limit the Ralley to 3?

Or is this just a test and not a real rally?

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
It was mostly a test for a smaller group outing, just trying to integrate use of the app, and introduce some folks to the OB community on this one.

@Canyon_Cliff , limited to 3 as the individual sites are limited to 2 vehicles and the site are spread along the trail, so not a good way to get a large group, unless there was an attempt to use the Group Sites, but I don't believe those are free/Yellow Post.

@smritte , it's a smaller one but nice for a beginner friendly outing, and generally less trafficked than the Big Bear YP.
Also fun to walk around and see the fire tower.

Unfortunately, I am cancelling (really just changing locations) as the sites are closed, per the Forest service (I'm guessing they are a post Labor Day closure):

Forest Service Road 1N96, Keller Peak Road is currently closed to motorized vehicles. It's one of our seasonal winter closures.

Keller Peak Yellow Post Sites