Rank III

Enthusiast III

Englewood, CO 80112, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baecker
Member #

I just got my 589Fab hidden bumper for my Chevy Colorado and looking to install a winch. I'm not a hardcore rock crawler or anything, just do a lot of overlanding and camping on some pretty remote and rough roads. I often go solo with the fam so I want the winch "just in case" I get stuck in the middle of nowhere. I don't plan on using it super often so can't quite stomach the price of the Warn. I also know the 589Fab guys have used the RC 9500 in their bumper so I know it fits. Any issues going with this winch? I know it's a budget winch, but I won't be asking a lot of it.

1594149229634.png
1594149285105.png

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I have no experience with it and never seen anyone else with one. Have you looked at the harbor freight badlands winch? Or even smittybilt? We've got a smitty on clearance at work right now, too bad you are so far away.

T4R208

Rank II

Contributor III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Deric
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

I’m running a rough country 9500 lb winch on the front of my 4runner. Absolutely love it. It pulls hard. Never left me stranded. Mud, snow, rocks. Always get me out when I need it. Just wish there was a wireless option.

Attachments

Reactions: BizzyB

BizzyB

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Englewood, CO 80112, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baecker
Member #

I’m running a rough country 9500 lb winch on the front of my 4runner. Absolutely love it. It pulls hard. Never left me stranded. Mud, snow, rocks. Always get me out when I need it. Just wish there was a wireless option.
A guy on the Coloradofans forums used this and said it worked great. Looks cheap but supposedly he used it with no issues from 142 feet away.
1594155678264.png

Reactions: T4R208

BizzyB

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Englewood, CO 80112, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baecker
Member #

I have no experience with it and never seen anyone else with one. Have you looked at the harbor freight badlands winch? Or even smittybilt? We've got a smitty on clearance at work right now, too bad you are so far away.
Looking at the Smittybilt X20 10K as well, but don't like that you have to cut the rope or hook to add a new hook. To be honest though, all these made in China winches look the same and the RC is ~$100 cheaper.

Last edited:

T4R208

Rank II

Contributor III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Deric
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

A guy on the Coloradofans forums used this and said it worked great. Looks cheap but supposedly he used it with no issues from 142 feet away.
View attachment 161649
Oh dang! Awesome! Thanks for the advise. I think I’ll try it!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I run a costway 13000 lb on my colorado. Sure its off brand but it has parts interchangeability with some of the big brands with a 4hp motor. I use it all the time and have not had any problems
20200229_122241.jpg20200222_145535.jpg