Launch Member

Contributor III

St. Louis Mo
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
W
Member #

Hello all, I have just gotten back from my first overland style trip and was unloading the rig to return it to normal use. I finished emptying the first of my rotopax containers into my fuel tank so I could store the container when I noticed some plastic shavings stuck in the spout. So I then transfered the contents of my second container into the first, this time filtering the fuel. I then transfered it back into the second container filtering it a second time. Don't be dumb like me clean out your rotopax before using.IMG_20190924_201310.jpg

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Thanks for the post just got my new 4.5 gallon fuelpax never even crossed my mind to give a flush. Thanks again.

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

Mine are a few years old now, I had shavings in them as well. Honestly, I am not to impressed with the cans. They expand and contract so much with heat and elviation that sometimes I have to undo the mounts entirelly to get them on and off. Thinking of switching them out to NATO cans before I have one rupture all over the roof of my vehicle. Also, the fuel spout blows big chunks, but that is almost every can now and replacements are cheap.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Mine are a few years old now, I had shavings in them as well. Honestly, I am not to impressed with the cans. They expand and contract so much with heat and elviation that sometimes I have to undo the mounts entirelly to get them on and off. Thinking of switching them out to NATO cans before I have one rupture all over the roof of my vehicle. Also, the fuel spout blows big chunks, but that is almost every can now and replacements are cheap.
Back when the roto packs hit the market I thought to myself, wow!! Those guys are marketing geniuses. They want how much money for a plastic can and mounts? The profit margins are hilarious!! Not to bash a product but I also figured that most of em would one day end up in the recycling bin..

Reactions: Embark With Mark

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

Yea, I agree. I chose them because, at the time, I did not have a roof rack and needed tanks that where snug against the tire. Now I have a roof rack... No need for that. I will be changing to NATO cans very soon. Plus NATO cans hold 5 gallons instead of 4 and... have decent spouts on them lol.