Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

These seem to be a great alternative to pelican and presumably at a cheaper price but I need to contact them and see if they are distributing them in the US or even shipping them straight from China. http://www.tsunamicase.com/roto-molded-case_c9
This is not directed specifically at you, but in general.... Please try and support US manufacturing and US companies when possible.

I keep finding that US made products are of higher quality and in many cases a much better ownership experience due to the fact that they will pick up a phone and stand behind products. I find that again and again.

Pelican is worth the expense.

Reactions: samP

samP

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Orleans
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Prokop
Member #

This is not directed specifically at you, but in general.... Please try and support US manufacturing and US companies when possible.

I keep finding that US made products are of higher quality and in many cases a much better ownership experience due to the fact that they will pick up a phone and stand behind products. I find that again and again.

Pelican is worth the expense.
I do and shop as local as possible, I drive a Jeep and I am also French ;-) I agree with you on Pelican and have some of their cases for electronic equipments. it's all in a balance of budget and utility. I don't mean to offend anyone and I am happy to remove the post if offensive to some, I just think that it's the audience's best interest to have as many research options as possible. In general you get what you pay for so that selection is natural for common consumer goods and let's not forget that many US companies do have their manufacturing plants overseas or resell products sourced elsewhere.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I do and shop as local as possible, I drive a Jeep and I am also French ;-) I agree with you on Pelican and have some of their cases for electronic equipments. it's all in a balance of budget and utility. I don't mean to offend anyone and I am happy to remove the post if offensive to some, I just think that it's the audience's best interest to have as many research options as possible. In general you get what you pay for so that selection is natural for common consumer goods and let's not forget that many US companies do have their manufacturing plants overseas or resell products sourced elsewhere.
I agree with you. I wasn't offended at all, just want to add that point. I'm all for options.

Reactions: samP

samP

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Orleans
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Prokop
Member #

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Do I want the overlapping or non overlapping. My rack is pretty small 4'x4' so I am guessing only 2 pieces should do it.
I prefer the overlapping because it lets two sheets join perfectly. You can kinda see the joint, running across from side to side, here.