Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PXJ
I like the slimline profile but it has me wondering how much space there is inside. Can I leave all my sleeping stuff in there?

They are backordered already and Pigeon the Chat Bot didn’t have an answer for when they would actually ship. :disappointed:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I like the slimline profile but it has me wondering how much space there is inside. Can I leave all my sleeping stuff in there?

They are backordered already and Pigeon the Chat Bot didn’t have an answer for when they would actually ship. :disappointed:
Yeah it doesn’t look like it has a hump in the middle or anything to leave anything thick in there. I can find any YouTube videos on it either cause it’s so new.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
I was wondering the same thing about storing bedding in this. That's going to be a negatori. Otherwise, this tent looks awesome! At least on paper.

Unfortunately, the Sparrow Eye is a fiberglass shell which I'm not super stoked on. That leaves the GFC tent which is just as thin but also can't store bedding, has a composite roof, and a several month lead time; The Camp King which is out of my price range; The Bundutec which i'm not a fan of their design; The 2 offerings from Eezi Awn both of which seem solid, like really solid, +220lbs solid for the Stealth which also doesn't allow for carrying anything on top of; or the Alu Cab which I really like other than the fact that the doors zip to the bottom.

I'm probably just being too picky but I feel like I should be able to when spending 3-4k.

Screenshot_20190719-150614.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarinRow

Kranvagn

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silicon Valley, CA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Merritt
Hey folks, thought I'd chip in our $.02 on the Roofnest Falcon here:

On the specific question of internal space when closed, yeah it ain't much! What you see in the video at roughly the 10m mark is, besides the 3" foam mattress, a 'bottom sheet' of an unzipped fiber fill sleeping bag, a simple thin cotton top sheet, and Roofnest's thin and highly compressible down blanket. We initially tried just sandwiching two unzipped sleeping bags but that was a fail, too thick, and pillows are totally out of the question. We did just place an order with CustomLinensDirect.com for fitted mattress pad & bottom sheet for the Falcon's 81x47x3 mattress, so hopefully that'll fit even better...more on that when they show up and we can try 'em out.

-c

KRomer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Colorado
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Romer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K0ROM
Thanks for the video, watched it a few times. Have you looked at adding a power socket (usb) inside? Thinking drilling and bonding and Anderson plug on the bottom would be the way to go

Also curious on how comfy the "comfy" mattress is. The Eezi-awn is thicker, but then again taller and heavier as well

Thoughts on long term durability of the struts and hinges?

I like this one because it is only 130 lbs, alum shell quick setup/ take down, no over hange due to 50 vs 57" wide and less of a brick on the roof