Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

We always use the annex with out RTT and put dog beds in the bottom. It's also nice to put our shoes and bags down there so that the only thing up in the tent is stuff for sleeping.

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

I have a camper top on my Tacoma. I sleep in the RTT and my German Shepherd sleeps in the bed of the truck. She’s out of the the elements and off the ground where nothing can get to her.

58EE7E54-2F09-4F3E-AEB7-D928D3A1C992.jpeg

Reactions: DoggMan1163

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Hey all!!! This may be a dumb question but how do you go about getting your doggos into your RTT? The obvious answer is probably going to be just pick it up but I have a medium size pitbull terrier (65 lbs) and she’s a freak about being lifted up lol she’s my main hiking/camping buddy and she does just fine in a ground tent but I’m looking to upgrade to RTT. Thanks for any input or tips!! View attachment 84221
Teach her to climb the ladder other than that you're gonna have to do the pick up dance lol

Scott Murray

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Leinster WA, Australia
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Mr Tank sleeps beside the car on his stretcher bed, he knows we are above him and loves it.

1565500934189.png

1565501013029.png

Cold wet weather he sleeps inside the Annex, and is the first one to bed.

1565501193324.png

Reactions: l_vandyke

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
I kayak a lot with dogs and have learned the easiest way to life them up out of the water or to a high place is using their life vest. We have 2 full sized Lab/Sharpe mixed pups who always love to go for swims when we paddle. Their life vest goes around their whole body and is padded for when you have to life them. Something like that would make it easier for 2 people to life dogs into a RRT. We have had to use them in the past to carry both of them on and off boards and at times on boats too.