702FJC

Rank III

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Joe
Last Name
R
I do love my Tepui rugadized autana... I recently made a point of lowering it for ease of use. My only complaint about RTTs is waking up in the middle of the night to pee. That's when I hate that ladder... I am seriously considering an autohome or Alucab for the super duper uber fast setup and takedown... i find that the flying bricks still take a lot of time for setup and breakdown when you're doing one night and run, one more night, run....

Take a bottle up with you. Done some mountain climbing in the past and believe me it's really helpful!

Just don't confuse it with your drinking water!

• Haha
Reactions: Embark With Mark

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I do love my Tepui rugadized autana... I recently made a point of lowering it for ease of use. My only complaint about RTTs is waking up in the middle of the night to pee. That's when I hate that ladder... I am seriously considering an autohome or Alucab for the super duper uber fast setup and takedown... i find that the flying bricks still take a lot of time for setup and breakdown when you're doing one night and run, one more night, run....
Take a bottle up with you. Done some mountain climbing in the past and believe me it's really helpful!

Just don't confuse it with your drinking water!
As I wrote before, a laundry soap jug works perfectly. I used to use empty gallon spring water jugs or empty milk jugs. Then a guy showed me how he cut out the clear pouring spout of a liquid laundry soap container to use as a urinal. Much wider opening, not clear sided, so easier to haul somewhere to empty when needed, just overall way more convenient. Easy to use in a vehicle or ground tent, too. Been doing it for years. Easier to keep it distinguished from your water or juice, too.

If emptying jugs when backcountry, remember to do so 200' feet from lakes, ponds, streams, or rivers. If camping for a few nights in the same spot, especially if more than one person, make a little sump area with sand and gravel for your gray water and urine. Then cover it over before leaving. Pouring out your jug in different places ends up messing with the flora, believe me. I've seen rings around some popular campsites of dead vegetation because of stepping away to pee or pour last night's container randomly. Even in remote backcountry places.

There also exist aids for females so they can use a pee jug urinal.

Just remember, in the middle of the night when you're half asleep and it's dark, remove the lid first :flushed:.

Stay safe, stay clean, stay positive!

Last edited:

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

I have gone back and forth on whether I need, and can justify, a rooftop tent. I have many of the concerns raised here, but after reading through the posts and how before-purchase concerns were never an issue post-purchase, i may have to take the plunge ... I've had my eye on the 23 Zero Walkabout.
Awesome! I know of a few people who have 23zero tents, they like them a lot.