Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Hello OB Community

I'm going to be outfitting my Tacoma with a Snugtop Rebel Shell and I want to install a roof top rack for additional storage and wanted to know if anybody has a recommendation or options to consider?

I talked to a Snugtop dealer today and they said that Snugtop has the ability to install rack rails on top of the shell, and then I can add a rack that is compatible with their rail system, that way the Snugtop warranty doesn't void. Apparently IF I go with an after market mounting system with whatever rack I go with, it will void the warranty for Snugtop becaus it's been MODIFIED.

Thoughts and/or suggestions?

Thanks

TacoPilot

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I have a rebel on my 16 tacoma. I didnt know until after I got it, but the dealer said itll only hold 250lbs. Unless you choose to have it reinforced. It will then hold 500 pounds. I was hoping to put a rtt on it.

I put a prinsu rack which I really like and it's great for putting the dog in when we go to the snow. But with the prinsu I get a low frequency vibration of the hatch at speeds between 35 and 45 mph.

If I were to do it again I'd go with the ARE. The latch is way better and the z series is a little cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

I have a rebel on my 16 tacoma. I didnt know until after I got it, but the dealer said itll only hold 250lbs. Unless you choose to have it reinforced. It will then hold 500 pounds. I was hoping to put a rtt on it.

I put a prinsu rack which I really like and it's great for putting the dog in when we go to the snow. But with the prinsu I get a low frequency vibration of the hatch at speeds between 35 and 45 mph.

If I were to do it again I'd go with the ARE. The latch is way better and the z series is a little cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information and yes I'm getting the sportsman package, which I believe is the reinforced roof. I met someone today at the meetup in Orange County, CA who turned me on to a guy in the group who is local and does custom fabrication racks, so I'll be reaching out to him to make sure I get what I want. I'll be getting the roof rails through Snugtop and making sure the rack mounts to it, so as to not drill new holes or void a warranty.