Glengarriff, Cork, Ireland
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

Doing my own thing and with friends as
1. the groups are normally too big.
2. So takes more time to get from point A to B.
3. Not all the nationalities have the same reasoning when it comes to overlanding/camping so I don't have time for people who do not take of the environment and nature.
4. I do rather trails and camping [emoji554]️ as I've done dune bashing in my earlier years but don't enjoy it that much any more. (The dune bashing)

What about yourself?
What is your name? It feels like I'm talking to a machine [emoji16]

stuart.404

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Naperville, Illinois
Member #

I agree with you on all points Ben and I'll drop you a PM with my number. I'm Stuart btw. Perhaps we can hit some wadis one of these weekends!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I've just joined this group. Head out with friends or solo. I've read your posts above about groups/nationalities/environment etc and totally agree. I'm Jordan. Drive a Prado out in the wild!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome! Thanks for checking us out and joining to crew. We're glad to have you! If you have any questions, PM me and I'll be glad to help. Looking forward to hearing your adventures!

Reactions: JPZimbo

Eben Botha

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dubai
Member #

Morning all! Great to be a part of the group - it seems we all echo the same thoughts. Still enjoy the odd dune bash but have started to prefer longer adventure trips either solo or with friends to explore the incredible scenery this area has to offer. Look forward to meeting you all in the near future.

Eben

Eben Botha

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dubai
Member #

Thanks Jordan!

Stuart - I've been subscribed to the Overland Bound youtube channel for a while now but didn't realise there was an online forum - especially not one for the region.

Found that out through a post on our Desert Saffa Facebook page - a group for UAE based South Africans that enjoy, appreciate and respect the outdoors.

Eben

Reactions: Michael

williamrlward

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Abu Dhabi
Member #

Hey guys, saw this website via a Faceb0ok ad. Just moved to the UAE (Abu Dhabi). Still waiting for my residency to come through but would love to explore more of the UAE. Been coming to the UAE for nearly 15 years now.

Will

Reactions: Michael and JPZimbo