roadKing9503

Rank I

Contributor III

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
Lewis
Last Name
Sanders
I have a 2019 Chevy Trailboss. I'd like to add a reliable over the bed tent rack, but I want to have a roll and lock bed cover. Does anyone know of a decent modular rack system that will accommodate the roll and lock? Any advice and / or pics would be greatly appreciated!!

Dave R - Minnesota

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Side Lake, Minnesota, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Rodefeld
Member #

Hi! On my Ram Power Wagon, I used the Pace Edwards Ultragroove cover. It’s a very strong aluminum rolling/ locking bed cover and it comes with grooves in the side frames which accommodate the Thule load bars. It worked very well for me. In my case, I used three load bars, but I have the very heavy HIT rooftop tent so I wanted extra support. I suspect most RTT’s would be fine with just two load bars. Here are some pics...
FC1BD261-6F9A-48F4-8783-0E1FCF430480.jpeg8C25DFB9-D7D6-4E07-885C-D8F3F061D40A.jpegBF55B0CA-77C6-4B8B-8236-10FC5944F2E3.jpeg8C25DFB9-D7D6-4E07-885C-D8F3F061D40A.jpegBF55B0CA-77C6-4B8B-8236-10FC5944F2E3.jpeg

Reactions: RoarinRow

roadKing9503

Rank I

Contributor III

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
Lewis
Last Name
Sanders
Hi! On my Ram Power Wagon, I used the Pace Edwards Ultragroove cover. It’s a very strong aluminum rolling/ locking bed cover and it comes with grooves in the side frames which accommodate the Thule load bars. It worked very well for me. In my case, I used three load bars, but I have the very heavy HIT rooftop tent so I wanted extra support. I suspect most RTT’s would be fine with just two load bars. Here are some pics...
View attachment 128027View attachment 128029View attachment 128030View attachment 128029View attachment 128030
Thank you for the information! That’s a great place to start looking. Also, love the truck and setup! I almost went to the Dodge Rebel when I I bought my new truck. I have mixed emotions about both of them.

roadKing9503

Rank I

Contributor III

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
Lewis
Last Name
Sanders
View attachment 128027View attachment 128029View attachment 128030View attachment 128029View attachment 128030
Thank you for the information! That’s a great place to start looking. Also, love the truck and setup! I almost went to the Dodge Rebel when I I bought my new truck. I have mixed emotions about both of them.

Dave R - Minnesota

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Side Lake, Minnesota, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Rodefeld
Member #

My pleasure! I loved the Power Wagon- and the other Ram trucks I have owned. And that Trailboss is sweet!
But I’m a believer that it comes down to personal preference. All the big manufacturers have quality trucks. The one thing I have found to be important in Overlanding is the availability (and cost) of a good selection of after market components. Let’s face it- we all tend to be endless tinkerers and are usually modifying or repairing our rigs. Having a good selection of reasonably affordable options plays a big part for me. That was the one thing I didn’t much care for with the Power Wagon... like with the bedcover- there just weren’t that many options out there. Hopefully some of the bigger manufacturers will start realizing the need to get the full size truck aftermarket options closer to where they are with Jeep stuff- every conceivable price point and a million options! Good luck outfitting your rig!

Cheers!