US Rocky Mountain Rocky Mountain Region July Meet-Up- Alexander Lake- High Uintah's Utah

• HTML tutorial

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
What kind of COMs are people going to be using?

Since I am so close, I may make a recon trip a week or so early.
I will be running HAM and CB

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Hope my HAM antenna gets here before then.

I am thinking about running up there this weekend and scouting the area. I might see how the fishing is. On the map I see two roads and camping spots on the lake. Anybody know which we are going to congregate at?

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I went up and scouted the area yesterday. There are four different trails to the lake. Which site are we going to be at? Getting to the lake can be a bit confusing. The map I got is not very detailed and led me astray a few times. If we are going to the south end, could someone bring a chain saw? There is a deadfall across the road that has been partially cut out but it is quite narrow. I only had a couple of inches of clearance and it is going to be tight with the trailer. I am pretty sure I can make it but I am used to working in tight spaces.

The spaces fill up quickly on the weekends. My plan is to be up there around noon on Friday. I might be able to "reserve" a couple of spaces I can be absolutely sure you will be there.

The north campsite only has space for a few vehicles. The north east site will be challenging for low clearance vehicles and picking your tire placement will be important.

Be prepared to have a nice rocky/bumpy couple of miles after you get off of 041 and washboards on 041.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra

Better MAP
107846The pix on the rally point appears to be the south campground. Is that correct? Is that the one we are going to meet at or is that just a stock photo?
North Campsite looing North East towards the NE Campsite

North Campsite looking South towards the South Campsite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cendee

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

~~~My bad I jumped the gun. Thankfully @MarlinJames caught on and informed me. Im sure my boss would not have been pleased with me this week. .. We are close to our trip and the Uintah's are calling our name. I will be heading up on Thursday July 25th to ensure we have space for everyone. Please if you aren't attending let me know or remove the rsvp so I can plan accordingly.
Reminder:
This is primitive camping with no cell service
There will be no trail run this is a lake weekend so bring fishing poles, floaties, paddle boards, kayaks and lets have some fun
Bring firewood if you can

Last edited:
Reactions: old_man

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
The week has finally arrived and the Uintah's are calling our name. I will be heading up on Thursday to ensure we have space for everyone. Please if you aren't attending let me know or remove the rsvp so I can plan accordingly.
Reminder:
There will be no trail run this is a lake weekend so bring fishing poles, floaties, paddle boards, kayaks and lets have some fun
If this is going to be the south site, we will need to post up a couple of turn directions after you leave the 041, as there are multiple confusing turns based upon the best map I could get (which does not match well with reality)

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
What kind of COMs are people going to be using?

Since I am so close, I may make a recon trip a week or so early.
More than likely it will be CB
I'll have my CB on 16 and my hand held on MURS 154.600 also known as green dot... MURS is probably best for those that have hand helds but don't have a GMRS or HAM license... I am planning on being there Thursday night some time, Cendee and I will get a spot and send the coordinates out on my Inreach.. @Knitron will post them here once he receives them so you can find us.. also.. 13-13 will be the FRS frequency for those with Midland or Talkabout radios.. You can pickup a Baofang radio for $20-$40 on ebay or Amazon (only until september) .. its a good way to start communications as MURS frequencies don't require any licensing.. but uses the same equipment as HAM/GMRS so you don't have to carry around a bunch of different radios. I'll bring my computer and can help get some of you setup till you figure out which way you want to go for vehicle comms. I'm still quite novice.. maybe someone more knowledgeable can elaborate on communications as well.

Last edited:

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
The week has finally arrived and the Uintah's are calling our name. I will be heading up on Thursday to ensure we have space for everyone. Please if you aren't attending let me know or remove the rsvp so I can plan accordingly.
Reminder:
NEXT thursday... but still get excited!

• Haha

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Reminder:
No "official" trail run.. but I'm going to definitely do some exploring... find some mud, rocks.. whatever trouble I can get myself into.. hahaha

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

If this is going to be the south site, we will need to post up a couple of turn directions after you leave the 041, as there are multiple confusing turns based upon the best map I could get (which does not match well with reality)
I will be flagging the trail for you all to follow. :0) Not sure what color of flags yet but will keep you posted.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

No "official" trail run.. but I'm going to definitely do some exploring... find some mud, rocks.. whatever trouble I can get myself into.. hahaha
I'm sure some of us will follow.. Just lead the way!!!!

A-Aron

Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
I will be flagging the trail for you all to follow. :0) Not sure what color of flags yet but will keep you posted.
Just look for loose Jeep parts along the side of the trail.. it'll be that one! ;)

• Haha

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Just look for loose Jeep parts along the side of the trail.. it'll be that one! ;)
OMG... I just cant even right now since my check engine light is on, I have bent axle shafts and need wheel speed senors. You really aren't to far off!!!