US Rocky Mountain Rocky Mountain Region July Meet-Up- Alexander Lake- High Uintah's Utah

• HTML tutorial

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Alexander Lake is a lake located just 16.1 miles from Kamas, in Summit County, in the state of Utah, United States, near Soapstone Summer Home Area, UT. This will be a weekend of fun in the heart of the Uintah Mountains. Amazing lake so bring fishing rods, paddle boards, kayaks, swimming gear and join us for some good ole mountain camping by the water. The terrain is a little rough getting in to the lake area itself so I do recommend 4 wheel drive.

This will be primitive camping so bring what you need to get by.
There will be no cell phone service in the area we are camping.

View Rally Point

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
It's tough to beat the High Uintas in July, I look forward to this trip!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Please note that the date has been changed on this event to allow an additional week for the snow to melt and ground to dry. July 26th-28th

Last edited:

gregmyer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

i am heeding up there today to check out the trail. just renewed my forestry pass for the season yesterday. but we did get snow yesterday (almost July in Utah lol) i will take pictures and give a report.

Reactions: Cendee

gregmyer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

i am heeding up there today to check out the trail. just renewed my forestry pass for the season yesterday. but we did get snow yesterday (almost July in Utah lol) i will take pictures and give a report.
so there's still quite a bit of water up around the lakes it was nothing super super deep but it will be a little muddy and wet not too much snow but the corrugations on the road up there or horrendous rattle your truck apart kind of bad. it looks like a bunch of fellow explorers went and cleared out the deadfall from the winter already there's some tight spots the full-size trucks are going to get pinstripes but the trails are open.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

@MarlinJames made it up to Alexander Lake yesterday with no issues. Pictures he sent looks like it pretty dry up there but in the 50's. Hopefully within a month we can have some good warm temps in the 75/80's. This is event is good to go!!

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I am located in Heber City now so I plan to attend. Is there a forest service fee/camping fee, etc?

MarlinJames

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Marlin
Last Name
Lawrenson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K17WRA
so there's still quite a bit of water up around the lakes it was nothing super super deep but it will be a little muddy and wet not too much snow but the corrugations on the road up there or horrendous rattle your truck apart kind of bad. it looks like a bunch of fellow explorers went and cleared out the deadfall from the winter already there's some tight spots the full-size trucks are going to get pinstripes but the trails are open.
Washboard road was bad so I aired down..huge difference

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
What kind of COMs are people going to be using?

Since I am so close, I may make a recon trip a week or so early.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

For some reason I can\'t RSVP anything, but we are planning on being there.
Are you using the app or the website? Login to the website on your phone or computer and it should allow you to RSVP. The app doesn't work because it is in the process of being upgraded right now.