Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Today, but after a good night sleep, we are of to our next tour. We gonna do the border tour number 2. This time with new friends and cars.
One Toyota Hilux pick up, one Opel Frontera B, one Volkswagen T5 4motion and our Volkswagen T3 (vanagon) with trailer.
Report of this trip will follow next week. Enjoy your weekend.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

A time ago we went to the Bad Kissingen 4x4 Outdoor Expo and had a smashing time there.
Here is a video about that, made by Andrew St. Pierre White. And we are in it.
Just have a look and pay special attention after minute number 15.

Enjoy.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,

The weekend should be resting, as the next weeks will be very busy. So, what are my plans. Well next weekend we have a guide meeting from our friend Robby.
http://www.advetnure-offroad.de
So a bit of laning, good talks and good food next weekend.
Then the first weekend of October, we are heading to the east of Holland for a 4 day fieldtrip. This with four cars.
And then, it is time to head way south to Morocco. For the last we are still very much preparing.
So, I think from now on I will try to tell some things about our preparations.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

We had a nice trip a couple of weeks ago, and he like more of it. So, this a little video from the first time.
Will do one from last weekend soon.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

So, as he is hooked, we had two weeks ago another trip with him. Which he enjoyed very much.
Here some footage of that weekend.

Last weekend we had another trip with a group from Germany. It was a great weekend, with lots of mud.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: k9lestat and Steve

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

It is almost midnight, and it is time to go to bed. As tomorrow we will again have a great day of Laning.
Yes we do the same tour as two weeks ago, but in a different set up. We start at a different point and we drive in the 2015 setup and not the 2013 one.
So some lanes are out, others are in. And in generally, it still will be good fun.
This time we take our friends from Hamburg with us, the spend the weekend at our place and after a nice easy evening we will have some good laning tomorrow.
Then some Indonesian food in the evening and on the Sunday a little trip to a 4x4 Holiday Expo.

This weekend again will be loaded with fun.

Vid will follow soon.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Steve

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

We had an absolute glorious weekend again. And doing a little trip with our friends. Driving some lanes while Geocaching was awesome.
And getting stuck in some mud and deep Tractor tracks was just fun.

So here some photos of the weekend.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Well, it is almost time again to go out for our next weekend away. As we have some bank holidays this week, we will be of on wednessdayevening, just driving a few kilometers up north.
There we will make camp and meet other friends. And we will have a great long weekend of having fun, doing some laning, getting some good food and enjoying some historical objects.
So, I hope to show you some pictures next week.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,
Lots of stories told on the forum, but here I lost it a bit.
So, after all the bigger and smaller trips we did, we just like to be outdoors.
So, its Thursday and we are almost ready to go out tomorrow. Just chilling in the Woods.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Steve and O.Dfj

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Just chillin in the Woods. How simple can a weekend be. Just getting your stuff and make camp. Then the only thing you worry about is the thing you will try to cook on a fire pit.
Well, we did two things this weekend.
Berber Bread/Pizza, lybian Shoarma were the food.
This was the view we had to another car

Camp Overland Bound Chillin.

Berber Pizza first try.
After coming home today, we tried it again, and this time we did it much better

and last but not least, our guard team on watch at the campsite

It was just a nice chillin weekend.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Folks,

We are back again. Did you miss us? Dont think so, but still, I like to think you remember two odd Dutchies on the other side of the Pond.
Anyway, after a weekend trip in Holland for Adventure Offroad, we went towards the East and headed for Poland.
Just a week holiday, but it was worth a lot.
On the Tuesday, we drove through Germany and after around 700km we stopped at this small campsite.
We figured before that even when we had the complete Oztent with us, we probarly would only use the base part plus Fly. (we left that together )
And we had a kind of base setup we would use during the week. (except when we we sleeping in B&B's.)

The next day we drove into Poland and after filling up the car we went of the highway onto the tracks.
And we loved it. Yes we found some tarmac on our way, but mostly it was dirt roads and some cobble stone roads.
We went through forest and plains and it was just superb.
That evening we stopped at our first B&B/Pension/Hotel and that was just great.
The room, the terrace and restaurant were just wonderful. It looked like those old day luxureous hotels.

Again we went on the road and during the day, we got lost just a few times. Not a problem, we found our way, but we misjudged some tracks who looked right but ended up in the middle of the Woods.
We had to turn back as we didnt want to damage the Woods unneeded.

At the end of the day, we stopped again at a B&B. The last one we checked out for a trip we do in Poland for Adventure Offroad in october.
It was empty, just the two of us and it was tranquility at its best.

The food they presented us those two days was just great. And yes, we had good food before, but this was just made in the polish way, and tasted great.

When in Poland, or in Europe for that matter, you still see a lot of history about the second wordl war, or even world war one. In Poland it wasnt any different.
So, at a certain point we stopped at one of the places were history was shown.

And those times when we really getting out of the car, we can make some nice pictures of our little truck in its real habitat.
On the road you see beautiful scenery for miles.

part one

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

One of our favourite shots were the sunsets we saw.

And of course me and my doggie had to spoil a perfectly good picture

part 2

part one

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

During the week we did some good. At least that is what I think.

First there was this biker that went out of gas, and his fellow countrymen drove through, we stopped and helped him. He just needed some petrol.

You just dont let someone standing next to the road.

He wanted to give me some money for just a liter of petrol. Which I refused. We are here to help, not to get paid.

So we got a nice Indian motorcycle sticker instead. It will reminds us about him and his beautiful bike which he rebuilded from 5 other mikes.

At a certain point our altenator refused duty and we went for a polish garage. They were absolutely helpful and within an half an hour we were back on the road again.

I was very impressed by the cleaniness of the garage, the friendlyness and their technical knowledge and tools.

And it was great to be out of the car and not standing in the rain.

The second time we did some good, was at our campsite. There was an older man who was trying to get some concrete slabs straight again, so he could pull his boat out of the water.

With an iron bar he tried to get them straight. Which didnt work out that well for him.

So, I got my car, and we winched the slabs back in the right spot. Easy work and I think he was very happy.

Because on the day we arrived there it was raining very heavily we decided to rent a cabin. Very simple, but with the veranda it was great.

Our dog just loved it. Sleeping on a real bed again.

The last night in Poland we did some wild camping
And then it was unfortunally again time to go home.

Well, we will go back again and I will try to make a vid about this trip.

But first we have to wake up again

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: Explore Maine

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Just back from another weekend in France, same route, different objective, and most of all different weather.

This was the first time we did the tour

And this was the second time, so last weekend

On the Sunday we did visit some strongholds from the second world war, called the Maginot Line.
A little impression of that.

Strange thing is that in WW1 and WW2 the Maginot Line was the place were the war started. Verdun belongs to the Maginot Line, not in History, but in the same area. And both were just plain stupid.
However, the buildings and such are quiet impressive.

And we did set up an extended basecamp.