Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,

Iam Robert from the Netherlands, Europe. And I love this place. As I see here the same idea about driving on tracks and lanes. So, even if Iam far away, just as close on the internet as can be.
Hope to have some great talks and who knows what happens in the future.

We have in the Netherlands our own little friends club, with we do greenlaning and tracking. So, I hope I can tell you all a bit more about Europe and how we do Overlanding. And I hope I can learn a lot about Overland from you Girls and Guys.

I hope you like my website and Facebookpage
http://www.Dragonriders-Travel.nl

And look for Dragonriders travel on facebook.

See you around and lets have loads of talks.

Regards from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Michael,

Yes I will.

Greenlaning; well its is simple, in most of Europe going wild, isnt that easy anymore. So, what is left are tracks, or lanes. Some just 100 meters, others 30km long. The last ones are in Wales, the UK, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and the former eastern Europe.
In the Netherlands we have some unpaved tracks maybe as long as 2 to 3 km.
So, Greenlaning is planning a route, to connect all those tracks. Trying to find them, drive them and find the little nature that has been left in a crowded Holland.

Iam spending loads of time, by searching Google Earth, satelite, Mappoint and other digital maps to find those little tracks. And then I am planning a route to connect them.

One of the best trips we made, and we will make it again this year with a group. (Easter is the time) is our dutch/german border patrol.
About 600km of route with much tracks and lanes, through very nice nature. And it worked out so well.

I will show you some pictures;

crossing again the border, which was so often as possible, or driving on the border.

We have got lucky, something to do.

Cleaning up the shit of others.

Our camp at a campsite

Visiting a little old town.

Oops, dead end after about 1 km

All the pictures are found here

At our website http://www.dragonriders-travel.nlyou can find more.

I will try to post some trips here with a little sotry about it.

The story about these pictures is simple; We challenged ourselves to drive on or as close to the border between the Netherland and Germany from our place up north to North Sea and back.

And we were pleasantly suprised about the tracks and the scenery we found.

Greetings from Robert

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Robert. great photos, nice set up you have with you mini van. thanks for sharing. nothing like enjoying the outdoors. Do you do any fishing there?
Frisly ( aka fris80 on instagram. will post some pics soon)

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Frisly,

Fishing is something I dont have the patience for. And, as in the Netherlands you need to have a permit for fishing, I never did it.
HOWEVER;

In the Netherlands is Wild Camping prohibited, but with a fishing license you are allowed to "camp" nearby a pond, river, a stream or all open water where fish could be in.
So, maybe I will get the license, but wont fish. Maybe I will take a rod with me, but put a diet coke bottle at the line, so it can cool in the water. hehe.

Greetings from Robert

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Robert; Get a fishing license. you never know, maybe you catch lunch on a nice camping trip :-)

diet coke.... Beer for me!!

Frisly ( aka fris80 on instragram. Pics coming soon)

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
@Robert OB 33/48

What part of the Netherlands are you in? I was stationed at NATO AB Geilenkirchen, GE and lived in Tuddern, about .5 kilometer to the border. Sittard was about 5 kilometers away from my driveway.