Rank VI

Influencer I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Roaming
Last Name
Lost
Member #

Hey all! Since we are now traveling in our Scout full time, I have started a newsletter; this email series shares notes, tips, and learnings from the road. I figured It might be useful for some of you. The link also will show the archive of the emails previously sent. I am sending these out every Monday at 9 AM!

https://bit.ly/fieldnotesnewsletter

DSC01483.jpg

Reactions: PickUpYourTrash

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

How are you finding the side-to-side chucking on the trail with the weight up high?

-TJ

roaminglost

Rank VI

Influencer I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Roaming
Last Name
Lost
Member #

How are you finding the side-to-side chucking on the trail with the weight up high?

-TJ
It’s been fine. The camper /bed is so locked in it doesn’t move. Plus I am getting a custom leaf pack and suspension tune in July so it’ll help a lot with the control

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

It’s been fine. The camper /bed is so locked in it doesn’t move. Plus I am getting a custom leaf pack and suspension tune in July so it’ll help a lot with the control
I have a Fourwheel Camper on my solid axle swapped '11 Silverado 2500HD. For the most part, it's fine. However, down Southeast of Joshua Tree I got into some sections that had heavy OHV (think RZRs) use. It created weird chatter bumps that were staggered left-right-left-right-left-right... vs. just being normal washboard across the entire trail. For a bit, it was really bad and tossed the truck side to side hard. I have new adjustable shocks that arrived after the trip, and I'm going to be fabing up a rear swaybar solution (my truck didn't have a rear bar stock, and the aftermarket options aren't compatible with my extended range fuel tank) so I think that'll solve the issue... but I was just curious if you've run into it. On 99% of trails it's not a problem.

-TJ

Reactions: roaminglost

roaminglost

Rank VI

Influencer I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Roaming
Last Name
Lost
Member #

I have a Fourwheel Camper on my solid axle swapped '11 Silverado 2500HD. For the most part, it's fine. However, down Southeast of Joshua Tree I got into some sections that had heavy OHV (think RZRs) use. It created weird chatter bumps that were staggered left-right-left-right-left-right... vs. just being normal washboard across the entire trail. For a bit, it was really bad and tossed the truck side to side hard. I have new adjustable shocks that arrived after the trip, and I'm going to be fabing up a rear swaybar solution (my truck didn't have a rear bar stock, and the aftermarket options aren't compatible with my extended range fuel tank) so I think that'll solve the issue... but I was just curious if you've run into it. On 99% of trails it's not a problem.

-TJ
Yeah proper suspension will do wonders. My truck doesn’t have a rear sway. But I’ll be much more confident once we have that done.

PickUpYourTrash

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Myrtle Beach, Horry County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Oliver
Member #

roaminglost

Rank VI

Influencer I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Roaming
Last Name
Lost
Member #

Carli suspension got my custom Deaver leafs in and installed. Picking up the truck today.
The leafs are BEEFY 11-pack progressive kit, and they also tuned the shocks. So they say it should be a whole different truck now... Doing all this allowed me to get rid of the airbags (not a fan) and have full travel back again.

D6A9EDCD-F93C-45CE-84E2-851E7FE79F9F_1_105_c.jpeg

roaminglost

Rank VI

Influencer I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Roaming
Last Name
Lost
Member #

With the rear being taller with the new rear suspension, We had to get taller stairs and went with the Torklift glow steps with the landing feet that adjust. Found ourselves stuffing sticks to level the old ones out. but welcomed a improvement!
1660495976091.jpeg

Reactions: ChristelandChantal