Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Thanks for update... the beach must be a nice change of pace! That second pic make the tongue of the trailer look really long. How long is it?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
So... Internet in Mexico has been spottier than expected. And I don’t have the bandwidth to do a full daily recap. So here’s a few photos to show we’re still alive and having a great time!

Hasta luego!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Good to hear you're still at it and having fun....but hey! your fans are waiting for the next vid. :smile::sunglasses:

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Thanks for update... the beach must be a nice change of pace! That second pic make the tongue of the trailer look really long. How long is it?
The beach has been awesome, finally got some warmth and chill time. The trailer is about 14', it does look goofy without the bike rack in there... If we had left for Mexico from home, I would have put a hitch receiver style rack in place of the bike rack. But not an option since we left the bikes in Phx for this leg of the trip.

Good to hear you're still at it and having fun....but hey! your fans are waiting for the next vid. :smile::sunglasses:
Its made and uploading... very very slowly lol

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Day 30- Entering Mexico

The big day! Passports were ready, insurance was purchased, guns were left behind, and we met our new friends at the border.

We immediately cruised from Mexicali to San Felipe. First order of business, tacos! Then we walked around for a minute and headed off to find camp.

Perfect first day and it was awesome having some experienced tour guides!

Day 31- Leaving San Felipe

Sadly, Jeff and Elaine could only stay one night (real jobs and what not) so we walked around town for awhile and grabbed some more tacos before they headed back to the states and we headed south. But first, had to play on the beach a little!

Then we headed down to Gonzaga bay for the night. And finally got the paddle board we’ve been dragging around all trip on the water!

S

SubeeBen

Good for you guys been following this all the way from San Diego Ca. So jealous but soooo inspiring thanks for all your posts & updates. Enjoy & be safe. ✌

Reactions: pyrotyro

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Day 32- Headed south from Gonzaga

After enjoying the beach a little more, we grabbed some tacos at the nearby resort and we packed it all up to head further south. Of course had to stop by the infamous cocoa corner! Then we had a beautiful drive into Bahia de Los Angeles

Day 33- BoLA into the wild

We got up and ate before paddling around a bit on the glassy waters. Then we decided to move again, looking for a sandy beach to hang out on.

This turned out to be more of an adventure than I bargained for, and we drove around the desert until after dark.

We went to a remote beach area I saw online, but didn’t get a good vibe, and drove around trying to access another stretch of sand, which we couldn’t get to, so we bailed and camped off a rocky beach on the route to the next stop.

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Day 34- into San Francisquito

After our night adventures, we awoke to this

And then carried on our planned route, arriving at San Francisquito late that morning. This turned out to be out favorite little hidden beach yet.

Days 35 & 36- nowhere

Finally took some down days and stayed put. Paddle boarded, saw dolphins every evening, met some new friends, taco shop adjacent took care of the daily fish taco goal.

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Day 37- Squito to Santa Rosalia

Unfortunately we were about out of food and ice, so we had to depart from our paradise... cruised a the rest of the dirt road back to the highway (ended up being 180mi off road in total) and headed on south! Camped just out of Santa’s Rosalia to do a hard resupply in the morning.

Day 38 and 39- Bahia de Conception

After we topped of our food, we got back on the road to our next beach! Ended up staying at los coyotes beach, which was an awesome setup.

Got lots of paddle boarding in.

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Day 40- long day to the pacific

We left coyote to push on south. The goal now was to get to La Paz! So we took on a big driving day which turned out to be a stressful one. Had lunch in Loreto, enjoyed a local brewery. But then our “let’s push on further, we’ll get to camp at sunset” quickly backfired as we got pulled over for being gringos. The officer was kind enough to offer to take payment for the infraction so we wouldn’t have to wait around till the police station opened the next day (/s). And we got off the highway right at sunset. No photos lol

Day 41- into La Paz

Despite the day before being long, we ended up at a really nice beach on the pacific coast. Unfortunately we were too distracted playing with hermit crabs to get a good photo. We took the morning slow, exercised and made a good breakfast before packing up. Here is the Jeep while we were leaving

Then we had a short drive to La Paz. Straight into town we go for lunch! We’re on day 12 of tacos

Then we top off the ice chest, run some errands, and end up at a nice little rv park on the outskirts of town for the night. WiFi and showers (although cold) do the trick!

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Wow, Elaine and I are really jealous. Your guys trip looks amazing. It took us 9 hrs to get home , including the 3hr wait at the boarder. Makes me want to go again and go further south.

Reactions: Tinker and pyrotyro

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Day 40- long day to the pacific

We left coyote to push on south. The goal now was to get to La Paz! So we took on a big driving day which turned out to be a stressful one. Had lunch in Loreto, enjoyed a local brewery. But then our “let’s push on further, we’ll get to camp at sunset” quickly backfired as we got pulled over for being gringos. The officer was kind enough to offer to take payment for the infraction so we wouldn’t have to wait around till the police station opened the next day (/s). And we got off the highway right at sunset. No photos lol

Day 41- into La Paz

Despite the day before being long, we ended up at a really nice beach on the pacific coast. Unfortunately we were too distracted playing with hermit crabs to get a good photo. We took the morning slow, exercised and made a good breakfast before packing up. Here is the Jeep while we were leaving

Then we had a short drive to La Paz. Straight into town we go for lunch! We’re on day 12 of tacos

Then we top off the ice chest, run some errands, and end up at a nice little rv park on the outskirts of town for the night. WiFi and showers (although cold) do the trick!

Another great vid of your great adventure. Thanks again for sharing. :sunglasses:

Reactions: pyrotyro

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Day 42 & 43 Agua Verde

We turned and burned from La Paz with the prospect of some more beach time. And boy did we luck out!
We cruised north awhile, and turned off mex1 south of loreto a bit, into some gorgeous mountains.

Dropping into a hidden cove, sign says “solomente 4x4” hey that’s us!

This place was awesome. By far the best water we’ve had the whole trip. Always calm to paddle board and even some snorkeling around the rocks.

Unfortunately could only stay 2 days, time to start heading north to cross back into the US

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Day 44 Bahia de Conception, again

Unfortunately we only had 2 days in the beautiful green waters, and then we had to keep going back up. We loved the bay of Conception on the trip down and it made a perfect place to stop over again. This time we stayed at the south end for some free wild camping.

The video master. Is that a machete in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Day 45 northbound

A big driving day, with the last major resupply thrown in. We were planning on staying the night near Guerro Negro, but when we got into town it was super windy. We headed out to the sand dunes anyways, and after some playing and getting sand blasted we decided to head on up the road.

We ended up driving another hour up the way and left mex1 in a small town towards some camping I saw on iOverlander. Turned out to be a great call, we headed into some canyons that blocked the wind and we had a quiet little desert spot all to ourselves!

Tate

Rank 0

Traveler I

PNW
This is awesome! Now I want an inflatable SUP board! Any other gear essentials? Snorkeling much?