Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

Sad News as my 2015 Toyota Tundra I built out was in an accident which caused Frame damage. It’s sad to lose a rig that has taken you so far. My youngest took is especially hard. At first I had hope it was some minor cosmetic damage which would have slide me into some potential upgrade replace parts. After a few weeks the shop came back with the disappointing news. I had installed a 4 inch lift and put 35s and ran a victory 4x4 bed rack with a smitty built RTT. Obviously this leads to a replacement rig. I decided to go for something that would be a little more nimble out on the trail so picked up my New Tacoma TRD Pro. Back to square one for Rig build. My Radio and Tent will be able to transfer over and I’m contemplating fabricating the Tundra Rack to work with the Tacoma. I’ll have to post some pictures when I get a chance to get it dirty.

Attachments

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
You should be able to section the rack to fit on the taco. Cut the center out up the middle to narrow it, and then cut the center out of the length to make it fit, bring it to a good power coater and you are golden. Just add some extra bracing where you weld so it keep the strength of the original.

Reactions: AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Sorry to hear the news. At least y'all were okay. With it being a total loss, are you able to take off the wheels and such too?

Joshua Buss

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

Everyone was safe it was a relatively small accident. The guy from the body shop said it was just a crazy coincidence that it hit in just the right spot to sheer the frame rail on the front right side. We were traveling at 25MPH and someone pulled out In front of us. No air bags went off on either vehicle since it was just the front end of their car and only the front right side of ours. I picked up the new Tacoma TRD pro fab-ed the bed rack over and got my radio installed. It came with factory side steps that need to go ASAP. Planning to get out to the NWOR in a few months since it doesn’t seems like the kids will have any soccer tournaments that weekend. Hope to see some of you there.

Reactions: AggieOE