Rinse/Shower kit

• HTML tutorial

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Just thought I'd share my solution for a cheap rinse kit. I attached a kitchen sprayer attachment to a Home Depot 2.5 gallon sprayer. Then replaced the bleed valve with a schrader (I know most of us carry air compressors) and voila! Sprayer with that you can hand pump or use a compressor.

RedRockKY

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vine grove ,Ky
Member #

Awesome idea ! The only downside to that would be size (at least for me in the JK) .
I recently purchased the Nemo Helio shower and I love it . When not in use it deflated into a 8”dia(rough) 4” thick . Disc . Worth checking out . Even has a foot pump to place on the ground to keep pressure built up .

Attachments

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Nomad00XJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Littleton, CO
Member #

@RedRockKY I was waiting to read a review on the Nemo shower. I've seen them go on sale from time to time at REI and thought about picking one up. Any downsides? I have some of their other gear and it's all held up really well for me.

RedRockKY

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vine grove ,Ky
Member #

@RedRockKY I was waiting to read a review on the Nemo shower. I've seen them go on sale from time to time at REI and thought about picking one up. Any downsides? I have some of their other gear and it's all held up really well for me.
I love their gear , I use a few things of theirs as well.
I’d say the only downside (if you wanna call it that) it’s really just a learning curve . Is getting used to the foot pump . The little rubber hose that connects the pump to the bag itself flexes pretty easily (so you can position it anyway you want) but if you don’t watch it will kink the line and then your not pumping pressure into the bag , it’s a simple tap with you foot to move it back into position (could solve with double sided tape or Velcro) and you also have to give the foot pump a sec to regulate air back into itself otherwise you won’t pump any pressure into the bag bc there was no air in the pump .
Once you get the rhythm down , it’s cake , and has easily become one of my favorite space savor items .

Fill 3/4 with room temp or cold water from your water supply . Heat up a pot or so of hot water (I used my jet boil, added one or twofull containers from it , roughly 1.8liters I believe is what those measure at ) just till the whole bag is as warm as you like . Then pump to apply pressure (self regulated so it won’t over pressurize ) spray off with the attached sprayer (kitchen sink sprayer basically) ..... rinse lather and repeat ! @Nomad00XJ

Reactions: Nomad00XJ

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Very clever idea, especially the schraeder valve. I can think of a lot of other instances where this thing would come in handy too. Thanks for posting.