Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Rigs & coffee Luxembourg - proposal
I see a lot of members are from Luxembourg or near by, and since now the weather is not so good for travelling outdoors, maybe we can organize some kind of Rigs&coffee meeting ( similar with cars & coffee but with overland rigs ) to get to know each other, exchange ideas, tips/tricks.. pull toghether resourses and knowledge..
From what I see even if 1/3 of us from theLuxembourg area show up we might fill half of a supermarket parking lot.. :) . Does not take a lot of preparation or time, we can do it in a Saturday or even Sunday..
If you guys agree with the idea please comment below.

STRUWELJÄMP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LUXEMBOURG
First Name
Josy
Last Name
WAX
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran
Rigs & coffee Luxembourg - proposal
I see a lot of members are from Luxembourg or near by, and since now the weather is not so good for travelling outdoors, maybe we can organize some kind of Rigs&coffee meeting ( similar with cars & coffee but with overland rigs ) to get to know each other, exchange ideas, tips/tricks.. pull toghether resourses and knowledge..
From what I see even if 1/3 of us from theLuxembourg area show up we might fill half of a supermarket parking lot.. :) . Does not take a lot of preparation or time, we can do it in a Saturday or even Sunday..
If you guys agree with the idea please comment below.
I i m off i will join [emoji106][emoji106]

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Some poeple on the whats up group also expressed interest.
I just moved in the area, so I don't know many locations suitable, I only know 1 and it is in Grevenmacher, quite on the edge of Luxembourg. So it should have enough parking spaces free during the week end a coffe shop near by.
The one i know is in the Match/Copal Supermarket ... the parking is huge there and there is always place there. if you know someting better let me know, and after we settle on a location we can propose a time.

STRUWELJÄMP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LUXEMBOURG
First Name
Josy
Last Name
WAX
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran
Some poeple on the whats up group also expressed interest.
I just moved in the area, so I don't know many locations suitable, I only know 1 and it is in Grevenmacher, quite on the edge of Luxembourg. So it should have enough parking spaces free during the week end a coffe shop near by.
The one i know is in the Match/Copal Supermarket ... the parking is huge there and there is always place there. if you know someting better let me know, and after we settle on a location we can propose a time.
Hi, let me know how many cars we talk about.There might be cooler spits to meet.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

so far about 4, maybe more will come when we have a date and location.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

quote from my previous post " enough parking spaces free during the week-end and coffe shop near by. "

Reactions: STRUWELJÄMP

JF Lux

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Luxembourg
First Name
John
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Apologies - I haven't been checking the forum for a few weeks.
I would be interested in joining if I am available. One of my sons is also a member so he can join as well.
Would be good to meet and chat and exchange ideas.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

If you guys have a suggestion about a place to meet, let me know know, I just arrived in Luxembourg and I don't know the area very well.
So we need a place wioth some available parking spots in the week end and a coffe place near by... Once we have a place set we can start talking about a date.

Haegar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Schieren, Luxembourg
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Ruetze
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Haegar
Just joining the group!
Know some nice places in the north of Luxembourg.
Looking forward....

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Just joining the group!
Know some nice places in the north of Luxembourg.
Looking forward....
Than please make some suggestions, that was I was waiting for before setting a date ..
I moved here just a 3 months ago so I odn't know yet a lot of places where we could do this.

Haegar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Schieren, Luxembourg
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Ruetze
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Haegar
Well I will check it out with John on Friday.
Let's start with the centre around Mersch or Ettelbruck
In the summer then up in the north...
Roger

Reactions: Rockwilder

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

As written on the Facebook page;
I have an appointment on the 4th im southern Limburg on the 4th. Do some camping there, but we could drive up to Luxmeburg on the sunday and have a chat. Found a campsite with a restaurant/café. https://www.campingtintesmuehle.lu/campingplatz/cafe/ So, we could meet up there and we will leave back to the Netherlands on the monday.
I hope my Jeep will stay ok during the next weeks of testing more and more longer trips. hahah.

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Is there already an official rigs and coffee meeting point created? I can't seem to find it. But I guess so since I think Robert asked if I could come?

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I have a definitly go for the monday from Frederique tomorrow, so if all good I will create a Rappy point here and Event on FB.
And yes Toon, you should come. hahahah

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

I am still waiting for some proposals to the exact location, I moved in the area recently and the only place I know is workable but not great ( a huge parking, who can take a significant number of rigs, in Grevanmacher, next to a supermarket and a coffee shop )