Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
1. Meet and greet with food and beer at Ace Cafe from 11:00am - 1:00pm
2. Convoy to Ocala National Forest
3. Arrive at camping spot Shanty Pond Campsite (29.3356685, -81.7294048) and camp Saturday night.

Possible occurrences:
1. Night ride
2. Late morning ride

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Stoked for our second Ace Cafe Orlando meet and greet! The last one had an epic turnout. Also excited for the ONF ride out.
Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 6.11.34 PM.png

Reactions: T_Polo

ExGEO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Port Richey, FL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE5HLQ/AG
Bring recovery gear. The trails we are taking you guys on are tight at times and you can expect pinstriping. Tall vehicles/vans may struggle in some areas, but we are doing our best to route around low-clearance. There will be soft sand, water crossings (stock clearance is fine), and some mud bogs (easier lines for stock height, soupy lines for the guys on 37" tires and up). This is a great opportunity for those new to ONF to experience a little of everything the forest has to offer.

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
This is where ExGeo and I were at and some of the trails we mapped a couple of weeks ago. He's been out since and has been mapping a route for us!

Reactions: ABTK01 and Nickzero

CharlieTheRedd

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sanford, FL, USA
Member #

Do we have any set location for the camping portion on this one? I just about have what I think is phase 1 of a quick over night / weekend camp setup ready to go. Testing it out this weekend for a boy scouts trip with the minions.

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Do we have any set location for the camping portion on this one? I just about have what I think is phase 1 of a quick over night / weekend camp setup ready to go. Testing it out this weekend for a boy scouts trip with the minions.
@ExGEO is the one that is mapping out our route and camping location. He and I are camping there this Wednesday and we should have a definite location by Thursday. When we do, I will update the Rally Point with the details and hopefully the route we plan to take everyone.

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I have created the events camp location for every one who is planning on the convoy out to Ocala National Forrest (ONF).

Coordinates to the camping meet spot. Once every one has congregated at this location we will ride a short distance to the camp spot. Remember to pack all necessary gear before rolling out to the 'Ace Cafe' meet. Many of you will already be riding with Danan and I in Ocala so this won't necessary pertain to you.

Cell reception out in ONF is very unpredictable so come prepared with 'Walkies' (Chan 3) or 'CB Radio' (Chan 16). If any one needs to get in touch with me just call or text me (321) 666 1516 - Nick

Coordinates: (29.270246, -81.698055)

(Google Images of Sat view visual for the ONF meet location)
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 4.15.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 4.15.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 4.16.00 AM.png

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
2500 Ram 4X4 with Scout trailer. Will I fit?
I’m going to pre-run our route next week and if there is any doubt of a trailer making it through I will definitely let you know. But we will be sticking to the designated trails and you should have no issues.

Bubba Tim

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Middleburg, FL, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Reyes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N2BBT / K4OPX
Service Branch
US Army Ranger
I’m going to pre-run our route next week and if there is any doubt of a trailer making it through I will definitely let you know. But we will be sticking to the designated trails and you should have no issues.
Thanks Danan. My first rig had 200k miles on her and fully geared out. This is a new rig and I am starting from scratch again...Thanks for doing a pre-run.